PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Installed Angry Birds via Market. Sometimes I see the icon, sometimes I don't. When I don't, I check Market & it tells me it's already installed.
I've had this happen before, the app drawer doesn't show everything in it. Usually only happens to me after the first boot of making a data.img, next boots are usually fine...

You can always create a shortcut for the icon, I've only see the app disappear from the app drawer... it's never denied you from creating a shortcut to it on one of your homescreens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post
are there any log or any files u want me 2 upload so tat u can chk for the error.
I'm not sure what the problem is... what else is different other than the system.ext2 file in that cab you installed? Maybe a newer kernel broke it? I seriously doubt it, but I guess it's possible.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Installed Angry Birds via Market. Sometimes I see the icon, sometimes I don't. When I don't, I check Market & it tells me it's already installed.
Try this version: AngryBirds_1.3.5_patched.apk
Works great and very smooth compared to the official one on the market.

Last edited by ndno; 02-20-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

I'm not sure what the problem is... what else is different other than the system.ext2 file in that cab you installed? Maybe a newer kernel broke it? I seriously doubt it, but I guess it's possible.
M sorry i didnt get u, what should i do.. shud i copy old system.ext2 to your Android..
ur build is much faster stable, n almost everythings necessary seems to be working.. only looking for network ..

wat shud i do bro.. ??
Old 02-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Try this version: AngryBirds_1.3.5_patched.apk
Works great and very smooth compared to the official one on the market.
I get a parsing error when trying to install this. Would you re-up it please?

Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post
M sorry i didnt get u, what should i do.. shud i copy old system.ext2 to your Android..
ur build is much faster stable, n almost everythings necessary seems to be working.. only looking for network ..

wat shud i do bro.. ??
Like I said, I'm not sure exactly. You're just going to have to try different kernels, rootfs.img's, hopefully you'll get lucky and it'll just work.

Honestly, the force_cdma command is the only one (to my knowledge...) that would effect the phone working on CDMA or GSM. I don't know of any other command or combination of files that could potentially trip up GSM (or CDMA) service...
Old 02-20-2011, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I get a parsing error when trying to install this. Would you re-up it please?
Hmm... I just re-uploaded for you...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Thanks, bro...downloading now.

Edit: Finally got around to installing. Thanks bro! Wow, major improvement.

Last edited by Recursion; 02-21-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

Installed last night and WOW!, what a nice complete package. I saved and used my old calibration file and it booted pretty quick. I let it sit for about 2-3 min after it loaded and it has been working fine, gps, internet, everything. I did notice that i can assign a ringtone or notification. There is only silent in the dropdown menu. I see all the default tones in the folders via file explorer from within wm. Any ideas? thanks.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
Installed last night and WOW!, what a nice complete package. I saved and used my old calibration file and it booted pretty quick. I let it sit for about 2-3 min after it loaded and it has been working fine, gps, internet, everything. I did notice that i can assign a ringtone or notification. There is only silent in the dropdown menu. I see all the default tones in the folders via file explorer from within wm. Any ideas? thanks.
I think this is in the FAQ, but someone has been modifying the crap out of that thing lately, and there was a bunch of stuff that I put in that is now gone...

So, I won't be too mean .

There's been several theories. The one that seems to work the most consistently is backup everything on the SD and format it using the HP Tool. Put everything back on the SD, try again.

I've also heard there's a mediascanner you can force rerun. Gingerbread will hopefully fix this, as the ringtones will be in the system image instead of on the SD (media folder).
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Desire
Carrier: usc

stckmojo is keeping up the good workstckmojo is keeping up the good work

This setup with the new 1260 kernel at first boot runs like a real android phone...

This is what you should be using... everything thing else is inferior imo.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development