PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Just to be sure, you have both types of loc disabled as well - netloc thru wifi or cell towers and GPS?

I would think the app would still work, but perhaps not because of the piece it's asking for isn't available...
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: None

oisact is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
ffkip, I was running GBX0A since yesterday and other than the data, hadn't had any issues until earlier today. Seems like every time I try to slide out the hard kb to text, etc, I keep getting FC's on it. And on both builds GBX0A and FRX05 lately I seem to be having more and more hard KB issues, just stops typing and you've gotta close the kb and reopen it to continue.
I've had similar keyboard issues on occasion, and I think the problem is the input box is losing focus. Either I'm accidentally hitting the up or down arrow key, or bumping the screen. Try tapping in the edit box next time that happens and see if you can type again. I also get hung keys from time to time that repeat over and over a few dozen times, but that's been going on for months with every single Android package I've tried.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Tmobile

mpegguy2000 is a n00b

I have been lingering for a good while but always kept to myself while admiring the build and project. But, I am now very comfortable installing this on my TP2 but wanted to ask a question first to make sure I am following this correctly.

My TP2 is for Sprint so I had to unlock it via ROM to allow for use on my carrier Tmobile. If I install this will it reverse the "unlock" and bring my phone back to a sprint phone or will it continue to work with any network?
Old 03-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpegguy2000 View Post
I have been lingering for a good while but always kept to myself while admiring the build and project. But, I am now very comfortable installing this on my TP2 but wanted to ask a question first to make sure I am following this correctly.

My TP2 is for Sprint so I had to unlock it via ROM to allow for use on my carrier Tmobile. If I install this will it reverse the "unlock" and bring my phone back to a sprint phone or will it continue to work with any network?
You should be safe, it shouldn't affect anything on the WinMo side to run this.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
You should be safe, it shouldn't affect anything on the WinMo side to run this.
I will echo this comment and say it will definitely not revert your unlocking of the phone. As was stated, this project doesn't really touch WinMo at all - part of the beauty, you don't even need to hSPL to run this .
Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Tried a few different zimage/modules, but this build still isn't seeing my SD card. Going into Gallery, I get a message 'SD card unmounted or not present'

Any quick fixes for this? Sorry if this is a known issue or something. I read through and didn't see anyone else with the problem. Maybe just creating a new data.img?

Normally I use Neopeek builds and don't encounter this problem. Other than that, this is a pretty stable, fast build. I think this build might be a little more stable than the Neopeek GB build. I got a lot of FCs on there, but only a handful on here so far.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Tried a few different zimage/modules, but this build still isn't seeing my SD card. Going into Gallery, I get a message 'SD card unmounted or not present'

Any quick fixes for this? Sorry if this is a known issue or something. I read through and didn't see anyone else with the problem. Maybe just creating a new data.img?

Normally I use Neopeek builds and don't encounter this problem. Other than that, this is a pretty stable, fast build. I think this build might be a little more stable than the Neopeek GB build. I got a lot of FCs on there, but only a handful on here so far.
I wish I had a "good" solution for you.

I do have a solution - better than none right?

Basically format your card using the HP tool. Full format, FAT32. You can backup all your data and plop it back on the card when done - after that, the build should detect your SD card.

I wish there was another way - but since putting all the same files back on seems to work, it's gotta be something on the SD itself I would think.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

I have one nagging problem I cannot figure out, I had a stable version installed (the xdandroid, released mid January... but I finally decided to try newer and destroyed that version... No matter what version I try now even this GBX04a, every time I open the browser, it flashes, then crashes back to windows. if I stop the page from loading all the way (on screen about you see about 5mm left to load at google home page on that loading bar) it "can" live, but next link you open will flash really bright then back to windows. I will try right now to change home screen I guess?

Could this be becuase I use the wrong startup? on that 1st one, from XDAndroid I thought I was instructed to use rhod500 for my CDMA Touch Pro, on verizon, so I assumed that woudlnt change, but now I doubt any information I thought I knew.

I have gone back to every version except the original pre packed XDA frx02 version, and they all act the same? what am I doing wrong? However one thing I been consistant on, I unzip to andboot folder, then erase card on phone, then copy this over and edit the same rhod500 folders, startup.txt giving the rel_path=andboot

DO I need to make it be in GBX04A folder instead of andboot? or something else i do/did stoopidly? thanks

thanks.

Last edited by Sting32; 03-28-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thanks arrrghhh I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but I'm going to give it a shot. I appreciate the quick response.

edit: Well that seemed to have solved the problem. What does the HP formatting tool do differently then using the Windows format? Cause before I even posted I tried with the Windows formatting tool and it didn't work.

Last edited by matchstickredgti; 03-28-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I have one nagging problem I cannot figure out, I had a stable version installed (the xdandroid, released mid January... but I finally decided to try newer and destroyed that version... No matter what version I try now even this GBX04a, every time I open the browser, it flashes, then crashes back to windows. if I stop the page from loading all the way (on screen about you see about 5mm left to load at google home page on that loading bar) it "can" live, but next link you open will flash really bright then back to windows. I will try right now to change home screen I guess?

Could this be becuase I use the wrong startup? on that 1st one, from XDAndroid I thought I was instructed to use rhod500 for my CDMA Touch Pro, on verizon, so I assumed that woudlnt change, but now I doubt any information I thought I knew.

I have gone back to every version except the original pre packed XDA frx02 version, and they all act the same? what am I doing wrong? However one thing I been consistant on, I unzip to andboot folder, then erase card on phone, then copy this over and edit the same rhod500 folders, startup.txt giving the rel_path=andboot

DO I need to make it be in GBX04A folder instead of andboot? or something else i do/did stoopidly? thanks

thanks.
yep, rel_path=gbx04a

EDIT: sorry, just re-read the question again. After 7zip you have a folder labeled "gbx04a" within that you are pulling your startup text from "startup" folder. the startup.txt will probably be labeled rel_path=gbx04a....if this is the case, copy and past the unzipped folder labled gbx04a onto the root of your card. just make sure your correct startup.txt is in that folder and you should be good

just checked---when it's unzipped it's called froyo x ginger cdma---once unzipped rename the folder gbx04a and make sure the startup.txt is labeled the same (for ease of use, I renamed my folder "ginger" and made my startup text rel_path=ginger)

Last edited by ffkip911; 03-28-2011 at 10:17 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development