PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Please read this entire post!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>

I have created a complete bundle of GingerBread with the newest kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 11 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file (updated Mar. 25 2011) by itself...

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, GBX0A, copy its contents to the root of your SD card.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Click haret.exe on your phone thru File Explorer, Total Commander, etc.

5. Watch the boot process - you’ll see a section where you have to calibrate the screen - don’t forget to do this! Optionally, if you’ve already done this copy your ts-calibration file from your other build.

**This isn't working with 1276 (the newest kernel from GIT, which I've included). So, I have attached a ts-calibration that should work for RHOD/TOPA (probably BLAC too) alike. Extract the .zip (should be a single file - ts-calibration with no file extension) to where you run haret.exe from. If you want to create your own, use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file. Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one ), reboot & go back to the newest kernel! Thanks**

6. Profit!

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - I think if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot .

Troubleshooting:
Please read the... FAQ
If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get newer or archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 10. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them .

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Obviously this build is Alpha, and there are going to be problems. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.

stinebd's original post HERE

Mar. 11 2011 Changelog
Attached Files
File Type: zip ts-calibration.zip (164 Bytes, 144 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-05-2011 at 05:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!**

Things broken in this build:

libgps - explains itself, no GPS and probably no netloc (cell-tower based location)

HW3D is either not working, or just not preset - I ran neocore and let's just say a lot of textures are missing. Got a ridiculous score, but again - no textures, not much to render haha.

Data - very flaky - CDMA users have data break for them after every phone call, and GSM users seem to have better luck but it's not flawless. Even seen reports of wifi having issues with data not going out to the WAN. There is a bug filed on this issue.

Anything that's broken in Froyo, is probably broken in this build. Although what is interesting, I noticed that in this build I don't have the landscape-on-boot issue that I get with Froyo...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-15-2011 at 03:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Changelog
March 25, 2011
  • Further tuned keyboard sizing to be useful on VGA (also made the key labels bigger)
  • World-phone settings support (very important for future RIL enhancements especially on CDMA)
  • Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works)

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-30-2011 at 09:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:47 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i have the gngerbread kB for awhile now on my TP2, its much smaller than Androids previous KBs..
Old 02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks Arrrghhh!

Last edited by proxhack; 03-30-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Link posted, enjoy!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha!

Thanks for posting this up!

I tried it originally with my old data.img from FRX04, and for some reason it didn't recognize my Google accounts, and would only let me add new Exchange accounts and not Google accounts. Started fresh though, settings things up now, and things seem to be going smoothly!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Screw the old data, just use a new one n it works perfectly fine...

Its naaaaaaaaaaasty too btw

Sent from my rhod400 using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Just to update my previous post, after starting from a clean image, I now have it fully setup, and everything is going just great with this build.

Other than the known issues, it's pretty much like Froyo, but with a new skin.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Who should you be thanking that you haven't yet? Sorry buddy. Had to.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development