PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Weird. I wonder if stine was moving them. Can you test it again? Don't have to download it, just make sure the link works and offers you to dl something. I just tried it again, and it still works for me... Not sure what's up with that.
it works, I just did it.

Thank you!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Just tried out adding a SIP account, which is a new Gingerbread feature, and it works!

Wifi calling for free with it is pretty damn hot. I have it hooked up to a Gizmo5 account and use Google Voice Callback to dial out.

No more using minutes when I'm at home!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

akamemnon is a n00b
I have and sip number, where do you set this up in gingerbread since it is built in? I was using sipdroid and google voice callback. Thanks in advance

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamemnon View Post
I have and sip number, where do you set this up in gingerbread since it is built in? I was using sipdroid and google voice callback. Thanks in advance

It's under Settings => Call settings, at the button under Internet call settings.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamemnon View Post

How is the voice quality in VOIP for you with sipdroid and with Gingerbread?

I was pretty excited about this at first, but it seems that while it works when I test it, the sound quality goes to hell with lots of stuttering and drop outs whenever I have an important phone call.

I wonder if our phones might not have the horsepower to handle the VOIP calls? Because on the exact same network my laptop can make VOIP calls without any stuttering.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gonzo is just getting started

Not sure where to post this, but since this is now my current build, where can I get the dev tools or package that allowed me to run tcpdump from a shell prompt? I used to be able to, but not sure what build that was. Any help would be appreciated,
thanks!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Not sure where to post this, but since this is now my current build, where can I get the dev tools or package that allowed me to run tcpdump from a shell prompt? I used to be able to, but not sure what build that was. Any help would be appreciated,
thanks!
Dev tools was not included in this build as stine is trying to move away from the developer builds - lots more debugging stuff that actually can slow the phone down. Might be one of the reasons gb feels so much quicker.

At any rate, I use an app on the market called "ConnectBot" <--- much prefer it to the terminal emulator, I don't ever use terminal emulator anymore .

The app can be used to connect to remote sessions, but you can also use it to connect to the phone's local shell..
Old 02-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Lurker

Oh yeah, I use and prefer connectbot as well for shell, and had also posted it in another thread. The problem I'm having is running tcpdump from the shell - it's as though the package is not included. I'm trying to do some VPN testing and would love to be able to debug the individual packets themselves.

I love me some connectbot, tho: use it for MUDs, SSH, telnet, shell, etc.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Oh yeah, I use and prefer connectbot as well for shell, and had also posted it in another thread. The problem I'm having is running tcpdump from the shell - it's as though the package is not included. I'm trying to do some VPN testing and would love to be able to debug the individual packets themselves.

I love me some connectbot, tho: use it for MUDs, SSH, telnet, shell, etc.
Hrm... perhaps it's not included, again part of the whole moving to more consumer side of things rather than the developer side of things...
Old 02-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Lurker

*Sigh...* Guess I'll have to finally start getting my hands dirty with all this dev stuff.

Thanks for your help, arrrghhh, & thanks for this build - I am really liking it & enjoying the stability.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development