PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140846)

proxhack 02-14-2011 10:33 AM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2055942)
Weird. I wonder if stine was moving them. Can you test it again? Don't have to download it, just make sure the link works and offers you to dl something. I just tried it again, and it still works for me... Not sure what's up with that.

it works, I just did it.

Thank you!

manekineko 02-15-2011 08:57 PM

Just tried out adding a SIP account, which is a new Gingerbread feature, and it works!

Wifi calling for free with it is pretty damn hot. I have it hooked up to a Gizmo5 account and use Google Voice Callback to dial out.

No more using minutes when I'm at home! :mrgreen:

akamemnon 02-15-2011 11:21 PM

I have and sip number, where do you set this up in gingerbread since it is built in? I was using sipdroid and google voice callback. Thanks in advance

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk

manekineko 02-15-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akamemnon (Post 2056792)
I have and sip number, where do you set this up in gingerbread since it is built in? I was using sipdroid and google voice callback. Thanks in advance

It's under Settings => Call settings, at the button under Internet call settings.

manekineko 02-17-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akamemnon (Post 2056792)

How is the voice quality in VOIP for you with sipdroid and with Gingerbread?

I was pretty excited about this at first, but it seems that while it works when I test it, the sound quality goes to hell with lots of stuttering and drop outs whenever I have an important phone call. :scratch:

I wonder if our phones might not have the horsepower to handle the VOIP calls? Because on the exact same network my laptop can make VOIP calls without any stuttering.

gonzo 02-18-2011 12:58 PM

Not sure where to post this, but since this is now my current build, where can I get the dev tools or package that allowed me to run tcpdump from a shell prompt? I used to be able to, but not sure what build that was. Any help would be appreciated,
thanks!

arrrghhh 02-18-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 2057985)
Not sure where to post this, but since this is now my current build, where can I get the dev tools or package that allowed me to run tcpdump from a shell prompt? I used to be able to, but not sure what build that was. Any help would be appreciated,
thanks!

Dev tools was not included in this build as stine is trying to move away from the developer builds - lots more debugging stuff that actually can slow the phone down. Might be one of the reasons gb feels so much quicker.

At any rate, I use an app on the market called "ConnectBot" <--- much prefer it to the terminal emulator, I don't ever use terminal emulator anymore ;).

The app can be used to connect to remote sessions, but you can also use it to connect to the phone's local shell..

gonzo 02-18-2011 01:09 PM

Oh yeah, I use and prefer connectbot as well for shell, and had also posted it in another thread. The problem I'm having is running tcpdump from the shell - it's as though the package is not included. I'm trying to do some VPN testing and would love to be able to debug the individual packets themselves.

I love me some connectbot, tho: use it for MUDs, SSH, telnet, shell, etc.

arrrghhh 02-18-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 2057993)
Oh yeah, I use and prefer connectbot as well for shell, and had also posted it in another thread. The problem I'm having is running tcpdump from the shell - it's as though the package is not included. I'm trying to do some VPN testing and would love to be able to debug the individual packets themselves.

I love me some connectbot, tho: use it for MUDs, SSH, telnet, shell, etc.

Hrm... perhaps it's not included, again part of the whole moving to more consumer side of things rather than the developer side of things...

gonzo 02-18-2011 01:34 PM

*Sigh...* Guess I'll have to finally start getting my hands dirty with all this dev stuff.

Thanks for your help, arrrghhh, & thanks for this build - I am really liking it & enjoying the stability.