PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Another thing I would like to bring up...

When I change font size in Spare Parts, it will change the size throughout the system as normal, but if the phone goes to sleep and then wakes up, it reverts back. I don't know if it was like this in all the builds, I just now noticed.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Another thing I would like to bring up...

When I change font size in Spare Parts, it will change the size throughout the system as normal, but if the phone goes to sleep and then wakes up, it reverts back. I don't know if it was like this in all the builds, I just now noticed.
Heh, I've never tried changing fonts. I'll confirm and let you know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Thanks arrrghhh I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but I'm going to give it a shot. I appreciate the quick response.

edit: Well that seemed to have solved the problem. What does the HP formatting tool do differently then using the Windows format? Cause before I even posted I tried with the Windows formatting tool and it didn't work.
Crazy isn't it? I had the same thing happen to me and was SHOCKED when the HP tool worked.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
Crazy isn't it? I had the same thing happen to me and was SHOCKED when the HP tool worked.
My theory is something with the partition table - Windows either doesn't touch it or FUBAR's it, and the HP Tool (and others) fixes it .
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD
Carrier: Starhub

kimtaei is a n00b

just get the gingerbread(25032011) from XDAndroid up on my TP2 but the camcorder still not working. display freeze when recording(recording time is running), once stop it doesn't saved at all. other is same with GBX0A date 11032011. fast and smooth and all the known problem still there.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtaei View Post
just get the gingerbread(25032011) from XDAndroid up on my TP2 but the camcorder still not working. display freeze when recording(recording time is running), once stop it doesn't saved at all. other is same with GBX0A date 11032011. fast and smooth and all the known problem still there.
yep, hence the title "alpha"
Old 03-30-2011, 04:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD
Carrier: Starhub

kimtaei is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
yep, hence the title "alpha"
what is the change log over the previous version dated 11/03/2011?? it seems like no difference at all except the appearance...
Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtaei View Post
what is the change log over the previous version dated 11/03/2011?? it seems like no difference at all except the appearance...
Ah! I had a changelog in post #3 for Froyo, I forgot about GB! Thanks for pointing that out, changelog in third post now . The changes are pretty minor, unfortunately.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I have one nagging problem I cannot figure out, I had a stable version installed (the xdandroid, released mid January... but I finally decided to try newer and destroyed that version... No matter what version I try now even this GBX04a, every time I open the browser, it flashes, then crashes back to windows. if I stop the page from loading all the way (on screen about you see about 5mm left to load at google home page on that loading bar) it "can" live, but next link you open will flash really bright then back to windows. I will try right now to change home screen I guess?

Could this be becuase I use the wrong startup? on that 1st one, from XDAndroid I thought I was instructed to use rhod500 for my CDMA Touch Pro, on verizon, so I assumed that woudlnt change, but now I doubt any information I thought I knew.

I have gone back to every version except the original pre packed XDA frx02 version, and they all act the same? what am I doing wrong? However one thing I been consistant on, I unzip to andboot folder, then erase card on phone, then copy this over and edit the same rhod500 folders, startup.txt giving the rel_path=andboot

DO I need to make it be in GBX04A folder instead of andboot? or something else i do/did stoopidly? thanks

thanks.
In case this helps someone that has this problem listed above, it is because GPS is disabled in on the windows side!

A part that I left off in the question was, that I hard reset windows mobile side, due to an issue with backlight button or I thought software problem, hoping it would fix the dang thing. after 1 more pro2 got here so I could start setting up winmo side, that is when I find the problem. Since it didnt fix the backlite, I didnt mess with winmo, and used genYdual boot, then never realized the problem.

When you hard reset, it disable the GPS down to 911 only. From then on (any android in here at PPCGeeks) android would crash on ANY APP that asked for GPS (this includes google now) SO you have to renable it in windows by going to:
I only know for WM6.5:
start menu/settings/all settings/personal/phone/goto the CDMA Services tab, find the 'location settings' in list, hit the get settings, set LOCATION ON.

once I did this, everything is working in all flavors so far (last download I have on here tho, was last week, (march 27-'11) )

Hope this helps another nubeee.. (im an ID10T sometimes.)
Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

percolator is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
In case this helps someone that has this problem listed above, it is because GPS is disabled in on the windows side!

A part that I left off in the question was, that I hard reset windows mobile side, due to an issue with backlight button or I thought software problem, hoping it would fix the dang thing. after 1 more pro2 got here so I could start setting up winmo side, that is when I find the problem. Since it didnt fix the backlite, I didnt mess with winmo, and used genYdual boot, then never realized the problem.

When you hard reset, it disable the GPS down to 911 only. From then on (any android in here at PPCGeeks) android would crash on ANY APP that asked for GPS (this includes google now) SO you have to renable it in windows by going to:
I only know for WM6.5:
start menu/settings/all settings/personal/phone/goto the CDMA Services tab, find the 'location settings' in list, hit the get settings, set LOCATION ON.

once I did this, everything is working in all flavors so far (last download I have on here tho, was last week, (march 27-'11) )

Hope this helps another nubeee.. (im an ID10T sometimes.)
good show lad!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development