PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[TESTING] Updated 5/14/11 New Kernel - Temp Test - SOD Fix!

Hey kiddos.

WisTilt2 wanted to get some more testers for this kernel, so please download and put it thru the ringer!

This is RHOD ONLY! Please, don't ask if any other devices will work as currently it probably will not! Use at your own risk!

UPDATE 5/14/11 Temp test, SOD prevention!

So the newest autobuild has been plagued with an odd SOD condition. WisTilt2 thinks he traced the issue, and he wants people to run this kernel to see if it's SOD-free (compared to the newest autobuild).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisTilt2
Current git tree, my pm/fb patch with the proc_comm test. Need to see if anyone gets SOD's. Should have very fast sleep and wakes still, leds are like autobuild also.
Let me know guys, thanks!

(In this case, I will leave the old kernel - but do please test this new kernel against the autobuild, see if the SOD's disappear...)

Archive:
UPDATE 4/15/11 SCBS integration

This is the new battery meter code that jonpry has been working hard on. To get the full benefits, you'll need an APK and a new rootfs.img. Please see jonpry's thread on PPCG for more information.

So download this kernel, grab the apk and rootfs from jonpry's thread (don't grab the kernel in his thread!) and follow his instructions if you want to give SCBS a spin. I've already noticed a difference, and I haven't generated a model yet. Rule of thumb with generating the model/algo is the more data the better - so go thru a few charge cycles, some heavy use, some sleep - the more usage the better the algo! Enjoy!

Just to be clear - this new kernel only has the updated SCBS code. Nothing else has been changed since the previous 4/4 test kernel.

UPDATE 4/4/11 Minor fixes...

Just an update to the previous kernel, stylus should be fixed (meaning it will boot into landscape again, fix needs to happen in userland) along with the button lights (when keyboard is open, button lights do not light now). Nothing major!

UPDATE 4/2/11 *Hopefully* failed panel wakes are gone!

WisTilt2 said he found and irq that was set wrong... and it was related to the touchscreen - hence the reason touching the screen wakes it! So this kernel seems to wake very nicely for me - how does it for you?

UPDATE 3/31/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisTilt2
This fixes the button lights so they go out when you open kbd and they turn on when you close kbd just like winmo. Also fixed the portrait/landscape unlock screen so at boot it should be in portrait so you don't have to do the back arrow trick to switch it.
Update: On the button lights, when the keyboard is open - the button lights will act odd... seems the kernel is torn, it flips them on and then quickly back off .

UPDATE 3/30/11 Button lights, PM Rework, kbd flicker/repeat key, and failed wake fixes!!

WisTilt2 has been trying to clean up his code so he can commit - this is working towards that goal. This new kernel has fixes for the kbd flicker/repeat ("stuck") key bug, the failed panel wakes have also disappeared for me - the panel doesn't always wake instantly, but I've never had to touch the screen to get it to wake - it's ALWAYS come up! Let me know, YMMV as always! Oh and yes, the 4-button light LEDs should now work perfectly as well .

Update - ok, might've jumped the gun on the repeat letter thing - but it does seem better... Just not perfect yet .

RHOD100/AUO users - really need to know if this new kernel breaks your phones! I also would like to know if the SoD issue is actually squashed. I haven't had an SoD in forever, so to those who have recently, let me know!

Perhaps also good to note, is the sleep LED is changed in this one. Initially it will blink green to show that processes are going down and it's trying to sleep (a wakelock of some sort is present in other words). Solid green is full, deep sleep. So you should see blinking green when charging, with GPS enabled etc. You won't get a solid green LED until it's completely sleeping, as usual.

In addition, WisTilt2 has changed the boot screen. Hopefully it'll boot faster, but you'll see a lot less flying text - don't panic! It's normal .

Enjoy! Please feel free to report how this kernel works, so we can get the changes committed!

**Notice**
These kernels are meant for testing purposes - there is no public GIT repo that this kernel code resides on, however the majority of the changes get pushed to the master GIT repo for XDAndroid. The ones that don't didn't work or were simply in place for testing - again the changes that are being tested here are eventually destined for autobuild. Please contact me if you have any technical questions related to this kernel, I will do my best to explain the changes - if you want specifics, I can put you in contact with WisTilt2, the man in charge of pumping out these test kernels. Feedback is not only welcomed but encouraged, please reply to this thread with it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip wistilt2-kernel-pack.zip (2.05 MB, 109 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip wistilt2-kernel-pack_4.15.zip (2.05 MB, 84 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-14-2011 at 10:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 23 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone/autobl)

Sweet. Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing!

David
Old 12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Sweet. Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing!
The pleasure is all mine, the more people test before we commit, in theory the less problems we have when we do commit
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Great, I'm going to grab and test it soon

FYI, kernel 12.21.10 and 12.22.10 seen has same problem with panel reinit, I was must touch to screen to wake it up after sleep.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
Great, I'm going to grab and test it soon

FYI, kernel 12.21.10 and 12.22.10 seen has same problem with panel reinit, I was must touch to screen to wake it up after sleep.
Every time? I don't think I've had it once yet, but I've only been running this for about an hour or so... I find if you wait an extra moment when you hit power, it'll come up.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Almost time
It seen up but not set brightness correctly until the panel is touched, problem can be a caused of I has modified build.prop & system.ext2 to put some trick and tweak it to make it better. Now I have Android run very stable, it's signal can back after SystemServer process is crashed, phone back to boot animation, less force shutdown and stability signal, with less drop signal time. Need more test, if it go stable enough I'll public my config
Old 12-24-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK, so this is my test report:
- Need to touch to panel after each time wake up from sleep.
- In-Call volume & Speaker seen louder than past kernel.
- Seen improvement of power save is good, I don't see the LED on the top turn on in red anymore while I'm playing "Angry Birds Seasons", When I press power button, the LED go off almost time and go green when it check for email,SMS .... then go off in short time.
- Have a small black squad on the top left of screen after each time wake up from sleep, if I pull down notification bar then it will go away.
- AutoBL seen not work correctly for me, seen brightness always reset to default value, I think at 50%, but I'm not sure this test is correctly or affected by my tweaks in build.prop.

BTW, I'm very impressived with improvement made for this kernel.

Thanks!

---
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen

Last edited by tiger2wander; 12-24-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:37 AM
F22
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

F22 is keeping up the good workF22 is keeping up the good work
Cool New Kernel (WisTilt2) 2nd Edition

Info: WisTilt2 has another test kernel he'd like some helpful volunteers with rhodiums to test. This test kernel is based on the previous test kernel posted by Arrrghhh earlier in this thread. In addition, it adds bzo's overclock with pm.sleep_mode=1 patch for even better battery life when you're overclocking. So set pm.sleep_mode=1 in your startup.txt when trying this, regardless of whether or not you're overclocking. It also adjusts the volume level of the speakerphone mic to make it easier to hear. Please report any problems you encounter with these kernels, including but not limited, to battery life and speakerphone. Please also mention your rhodium model. They may not all behave the same. Thanks.

WARNING:
This kernel is for RHODIUMS only. This kernel could potentially -BRICK- a non-rhodium. So only try this out if you have a rhodium.

Wifi:
There is a possibility that rhodium wifi is broken in the stripped version. (WisTilt2 and I use different toolchains. He built it, I stripped it to reduce its size. Our toolchains should theoretically be interoperable, but the resulting modules file is half the usual size. So I'm not entirely sure it will work.) If rhodium wifi doesn't work with the stripped version of the modules file, please give the fatter non-stripped version a try. Either way wifi isn't what we're testing here.

Kernel & Stripped Modules File
(1.94MB version):

wistilt2-kernel-pack-stripped.zip

Kernel & Non-Stripped Modules File
(fatter 8.69MB version, grab this only if you use wifi and the stripped version doesn't work):

wistilt2-kernel-pack.zip

---

Last edited by F22; 12-24-2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: clarity
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:47 AM
F22
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

F22 is keeping up the good workF22 is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: New Kernel (WisTilt2) 2nd Edition

Regarding WisTilt2's new 2nd edition test kernel, there is a known minor issue where on occasion pressing the power button doesn't immediately wake the phone up when it is asleep. If this happens to you, simply tap the phone's touch screen once and it will wake up.

Last edited by F22; 12-24-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: changed title to match previous post
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Re: New Kernel (WisTilt2) 2nd Edition

Thanks F22, I'll update the first post with this info if you don't mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander
I don't see the LED on the top turn on in red anymore
Yea, WisTilt2 likes to change the way the LED behaves in his kernels... sorry for the confusion. He was messing around with it, I believe it's solid green in wake, blinking green in sleep.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development