PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pts69666 View Post
Is what you have to be tested the same thing on git? I see a huge Commit made by you today.
if the commit says .35 google fb... then yeah thats it.

Git craped out on me during the commit so i hope everything got there ok. I'm still trying to figure out whats up witht he autobuild box.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pts69666 View Post
Is what you have to be tested the same thing on git? I see a huge Commit made by you today.
if the commit says .35 google fb... then yeah thats it.

Git craped out on me during the commit so i hope everything got there ok. I'm still trying to figure out whats up witht he autobuild box.
I'll do a compile here in a few minutes and update the first post. Sorry about my lack of involvement lately... work has been absolutely crazy. I haven't had a chance to go dig into my little projects in a few weeks. Hopefully I can revisit 3.5mm detection this week and see if I can do anything there.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I'll do a compile here in a few minutes and update the first post. Sorry about my lack of involvement lately... work has been absolutely crazy. I haven't had a chance to go dig into my little projects in a few weeks. Hopefully I can revisit 3.5mm detection this week and see if I can do anything there.
no worries dood.. im hoping you guys can test and see if this who fb thing was worth it. From a development standpoint its a good move since we benefit from google devs now updating the code for us . But im not sure how much performance we got out of it if any.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
no worries dood.. im hoping you guys can test and see if this who fb thing was worth it. From a development standpoint its a good move since we benefit from google devs now updating the code for us . But im not sure how much performance we got out of it if any.
Well it seems if anything, at least we're up to .35 and we can let Google push updates downstream for us. Thanks again ACL, lookin forward to a new NAND test... been a while for me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post

Well, sorry it took me more than a few minutes... Cleaning up the mess I left behind in Denver last week. Really wishing we had more than a T1 to that office.

Anyway, here's the latest package with everything you will need: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/201...0-gfdba868.zip
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hoihtah is a n00b

what's the best way to overclock with nand boot option? ... since we cannot use startup.txt file. setcpu?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 AM
VIP Member

Aite fellas .. a little bit more testing and i'm getting a few errors here and there on the logs. I'm posting a few here for you cowboys who want to help perfect this.

pmem: requested data from file descriptor that doesn't exist.<6>get_msm_hw3d_file: requested data from file descriptor that doesn't exist.<3>mdp_ppp: could not retrieve src image from memory

ALso, has video play back every worked ? i remember it working but now i realize i cant see crap. So i'm trying to see when it stopped working and why.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL
]Aite fellas .. a little bit more testing and i'm getting a few errors here and there on the logs. I'm posting a few here for you cowboys who want to help perfect this.

pmem: requested data from file descriptor that doesn't exist.<6>get_msm_hw3d_file: requested data from file descriptor that doesn't exist.<3>mdp_ppp: could not retrieve src image from memory

ALso, has video play back every worked ? i remember it working but now i realize i cant see crap. So i'm trying to see when it stopped working and why.
I'll play with this tomorrow, but low res video from youtube has worked in the past. HQ has never worked though (and HQ MP4's have never worked).
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

MrPib is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
...i dont think the haret folk will see this commit for a while (or ever). The update is massive and getting all the devs to agree might get ugly. If i dont hear back from wistilt, i will just post the files here.
Hi ACL. I've been under the impression that the Haret users had the most stable build, and the latest-and-the-greatest working stuff, with NAND build lagging. Now I'm seeing your comments like above, the SIM card fix probably hitting NAND first, etc. Is NAND the cutting-edge build now? Do we lose anything if we switch from Haret to NAND?

THANKS!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPib View Post
Hi ACL. I've been under the impression that the Haret users had the most stable build, and the latest-and-the-greatest working stuff, with NAND build lagging. Now I'm seeing your comments like above, the SIM card fix probably hitting NAND first, etc. Is NAND the cutting-edge build now? Do we lose anything if we switch from Haret to NAND?

THANKS!
like wozzer once said.. nand is for the bold and brave.. haha.

Don't worry im still working on haretl. The great thing abotu NAND right now is that i dont have to pass around my patch with the other core device devs to see if im breaking their device (topaz, raph, blacstone)..

The good news is that Alex also has .35 working on the kovsky. We can both work together and get the other devices up to par so haret will go to the .35 frame buffer. But it will be a while.. Like when the USB patch was released haret look about a month or so to catch up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development