PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi tethering without adhoc support

I have a nextbook tablet that won't let you change the WPA_supplicant even after rooting to support adhoc.

If your tablet wont support adhoc or you don't want to root your unit, this may work for you too. Here is what you do, all credit to the app makers.

On your tablet, go to the market and download "PDANet" for tablets and install.

On your phone, go to the market and download "Foxfi" and install.

Open both programs, follow instructions and your good to go. I shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

LIMITATIONS:
Foxfi only works with Android and Blackberry phones, no windows mobile.

Foxfi's website says it does not work with HTC android phones, but it appears it may work if your phone is rooted.

Happy tethering
__________________________________________________ ____________

Update: It appears that, at least for me, my tablet can find wifi without PDANet on my tablet, just FoxFi on my phone.

Last edited by swlaraut; 02-28-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
FoxFi is infrastructure. That is why tablets like the Kindle will see and connect to it.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Got tapatalk working right finally.

I am an Android noob, so I bow to your knowledge.

Even through adhoc is now working on my tablet, foxfi seems to give me the best speed (and security).

One good thing about it is if you don't want or can't root there's an option, if you phone supports foxfi.

My wife could give a hoot about root (doesn't want to ruin warranty). Her big thing is cutesy, ootsyfoo launchers, (everytime I hear "O hun look at this" I think just shoot me). The point is she can still tether her NetBook without root using foxfi.

Well at least I know it's helped 2 people

Sent from my NB7 with Tapatalk via Electrify

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets