PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

badmoon8081 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evolve III

Have you guys heard of this upcoming tablet? It is a triple boot tablet meaning it will have Android, Windows 7, and Meego. Sounds like the best of all worlds. The tablet also has a kickstand with optional keyboard that doubles as a magnetic protective cover for you screeen! I'm sure it will be pricey but for those who like android for play but also need windows for work, than this might solve that issue.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: richardolson
Carrier: richardolson

richardolson is a n00b
Re: Evolve III

There is no quick way to switch between Android and Windows 7 for now, rather than rebooting, but you can boot Windows 7 from the MeeGo interface with ease. Speaking of MeeGo, this might be the first comprehensive demo of the mobile OS on a tablet we've seen.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Finally, a response, lol. I really don't mind having to reboot, especially if meeGo can be booted easily. It kind of reminds me of my touchsmart PC. Windows 7 is my standard operating system but I can easily switch to the touchsmart software which is way more slick and media touch friendly.

I also made a mistake by assuming that Evolve III was the tablet name when it really instead is the company name. It appears the specific tablet I was refering to was the Maestro C. It appears Evolve III has at least 2 different tablets coming out along with an all in 1 desktop.

There are still a couple major questions left to be answered.

1. What type of Screen/resolution? I don't care how slick a tablet is, if the screen is of poor quality than that's a deal killer
2. Which Version of Android? Hopefully HoneyComb.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Update: Bad News......

Looks like this once hyped triple boot super tablet is dumping android and meego. Now its going to be purely, a windows 7 tablet. Which is odd because I thought their whole name "evolve III" was a play on there product line all being able to boot 3 different operation systems. It still might be the best windows 7 tablet to hope for but that's not saying much with windows 8 tablet rumors starting to gain steam.

Looks like my new #1 super tablet not yet released is the Asus Transformer Prime 700 series.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets