PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

afbond03 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best ROM

So I am waiting for the arrival of my G-Tablet and was curious to know what you personally think is the better ROM available to run right now?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or
Re: Best ROM

so far i've used roebeet's tnt4.4 and really happy with it, he has a new one using the lastest viewsonic release but its not quite 'there' yet so i'll hold off for a bit, but hten i've always been a give a rom awhile kinda guy
never burned a new one the moment it came out, for my diamond or evo, or now my g-tab
Old 04-23-2011, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

afbond03 is becoming a great contributor

Yea, the TNT seems to be the one most are going with. I feel like that is what I will go with first to try things out. I kind of like to find a ROM that does what I need for it to and hang on to it for awhile. Not huge flasher anymore I guess you could say.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I went with the CM7 nightlys for a bit, then cut over to VEGANTab-ginger with a pershoot OC (1.4ghz) kernel.

Been there for more than two days, so looks like I'm sticking with that one for now.

It's funny how many things Android still doesn't do well, given all it does well. Printing isn't even really considered, for example. And web proxy settings? fogetaboutit. Tablets don't have earphone speakers, but sound is still routed there (on say skype or sipdriod, for example) unless you put it on "speakerphone"

Still, fun to tweak.

Even if you don't use VEGANtab, check out the VTL Launcher, it's VERY nice and should work with other (stock) roms.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
S2W
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/MoPho

S2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the community

Finally a Gtab section. Way 2 go PPCgeeks.

I have tried Gojimi's Vegan Tab Roms / Roebeets TnT lite Roms but that one im sticking with for now is Calkulin's TnT Rom, IMHO its been the fastest and very smooth for daily use. Also using Gojimi's VTL launcher.

As I did with Vegan Tab, I am also working on the TnT stat icons.

If it gains momentum here.... will post the updates for the stat icons for (tnt) as seen above.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

nice work, improved icons over the blah viewsonic ones would be cool
Old 04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I'm running Caulkin's gtab 1.1

Very stable and fast.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

VEGAn-Tab 5.1.1 here... I decided on this one because of hardware video acceleration.

I'm also using VTL Launcher.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mpeters13 is a n00b

To be honest, I loaded the newest Viewsonic ROM and have been quite pleased. It is stable and works quite well. Once I can load gApps, I'll be set.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:43 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
To be honest, I loaded the newest Viewsonic ROM and have been quite pleased. It is stable and works quite well. Once I can load gApps, I'll be set.
If you like stock, take a look at what roebeet is doing over on slatedriod.com - He basically cleans up stocks, adds market, gapps, root, and a few other tweeks... he's got roms for the original (1.1) and new (1.2) bootloaders.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets