PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Tutorial] New device setup (CWM, ROM, Kernel, Netflix)

You are the SHIT!!! That all makes sense... I'm still going to wait till next weekend to tackle this but I've gone ahead and thanked you on all the posts... If I can get this to work I will follow you and gTen for a week and spend all my thanks on you guys.
lol.
Thank you so very much bro.

Im on firmware 1.1 as well.

I have my gTab all stock and am just running the classic home screen which looks just like stock Android. I've gotten the Amazon market to work and the stock market has some good apps on it too. But I'm still going to do this. Like gTen told me. I owe it to myself to learn this stuff.

p.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Glad it seemed to be pretty clear. I think you'll be amazed at how much different the gTab is on a new ROM. It is very responsive.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

I do see some differences... And over all... I am happy I did it... If nothing else... I have another netflix screen available to me.

The only thingS I'm having issues with are the sound and that very long bootup process from power off. It seems that DSP Manager is a bit buggy.

Otherwise. I'm very happy. Can't wait for a true Honeycomb ROM. But by then... I might have already upgraded to something better. And my 5 year old will have received yet another hand me down. LOL.
p.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Thread Stickied
Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Awwwwe.... I just stepped on it.
p.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Netflix still fails to start playing anything for me (vegantab ginger edition) but otherwise, looks nice...
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Netflix still fails to start playing anything for me (vegantab ginger edition) but otherwise, looks nice...
netflix only works on CM7 roms.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
netflix only works on CM7 roms.
I wonder why?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Mainly cuz it doesn't work on the vegan roms... But I think there are some technical reasons too. LOL.

Not sure bro... But that was the ONE reason I went with Cyanogen's ROM.
I wanted to try a vegan rom or even bottle of smoke but. I'll wait for a true honeycomb or ice cream sammich ROM with working Netflix before I change out of my current setup. I'm really loving it but wish I could get a faster boot up from power off and I wish it wouldn't power off completely unless I told it to. Not just cuz I pressed the power button to put it to sleep.

p.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Because CM7 is closest to aosp source so something in it makes it work. Vegan is pretty altered.

I wish there was a CM6.x ROM available because only froyo has hardware acceleration so we'd have the best of both worlds, but everyone cooks CM7...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets