PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm finally joining the gTen..err I mean gTab club!

So today I saw Tigerdirect selling the gtab on ebay for 250$ and I figured Id take the dive..originally I planned to wait till the quad cores come out...but overall I figured why not..so far I plan to just use it to watch movies..and thats pretty much it..but never know what use Id get out of it as its a new experience...:/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm finally joining the gTen..err I mean gTab club!

Copy cat!!! PPCGeeks.com » And the Viewsonic gTablet Winner Is…
LOL...
I might need to get your contact info so you can walk me through this rooting thing.
I'm looking at the Vegan Tab ROM and Cyanogen's. I also understand that Netflix won't work on tabs unless they have a honeycomb ROM. And I also understand that the Honecomb ROMs are not where they need to be for the gTab.
I hope you don't mind me learning from you bro.
p.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

sure..np..as long as you feel comfortable taking advice from someone who bricked his epic (which is suppose to be unbrickable ) lol

I didnt copy ya though...I was considering it..the competition costs like 2x more and while I like the concept of the transform I dont plan to use it that way..so at a price point of 250$ it kinda just made sense Touchwiz :P lol jk

Those 2 roms is what I am considering too..give it time and Honeycomb will be on there...or ice scream...my guess the delay in releasing Honeycomb source delayed stuff...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

There are peeps running honeycomb... But I heard they are having some issues with their cameras and a couple other things.
So... Not sure what to make of it. But it'll lbe a good entry for me into the world of rooting. I have a few links to instructions on how to root and load the ROM... I would just like to have someone to bounce things off of if needed.

Thanks bro.
p.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
There are peeps running honeycomb... But I heard they are having some issues with their cameras and a couple other things.
So... Not sure what to make of it. But it'll lbe a good entry for me into the world of rooting. I have a few links to instructions on how to root and load the ROM... I would just like to have someone to bounce things off of if needed.

Thanks bro.
p.
Translation: I need a Guinea pig to try stuff first so that I dont mess anything up when I do mine lol jk

no problemo...
Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

LOL... Well... Considering the Tab IS comming from Laos... I may not get it for another 10 weeks or so. LOL.
But I know you'll get yours and get strarted before I do being that you get no sleep and all.

Tell me I'm wrong.
p.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:00 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Copy cat!!! PPCGeeks.com » And the Viewsonic gTablet Winner Is…
LOL...
I might need to get your contact info so you can walk me through this rooting thing.
I'm looking at the Vegan Tab ROM and Cyanogen's. I also understand that Netflix won't work on tabs unless they have a honeycomb ROM. And I also understand that the Honecomb ROMs are not where they need to be for the gTab.
I hope you don't mind me learning from you bro.
p.
It really was very simple to do with the clockwork mod. You'll be fine.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah rooting/flashing is as easy as it is on any other device, it looks pretty unbrickable, just make sure you don't mess with flashing stock till you do some reading and make sure you see if your rom is booloader 1.1 or 1.2
Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: verizon

mach1-6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm a Android noobie and was able to get mine rooted in only 2 tries.... the first try might have been because I didn't have a sd card installed. There was a few errors about writing to the sdcard2 directory. Installed a card and re-loaded the update.zip and everything worked fine.

Slatrdroid.com is a great source for info and directions as well as XDA-Developers.com

Good Luck... I love my GTab
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets