PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What has two thumbs and is getting a Motorola Xoom tablet?

THIS GUY!!!

Anyone else getting in on the tablet fun?

Last edited by MrHawaii; 02-28-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What has two thumbs and is getting a Motorola Xoom tablet?

I got mine on Saturday. Much happier with it than the archos I purchased in Nov.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
I got mine on Saturday. Much happier with it than the archos I purchased in Nov.
I was planning on getting the Archos but I was put off by the subpar hardware they were using, rootting a Nook Color would probably be better than getting the Archos.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It just seems that buying an archos is a crap shoot. I got two of them. The wifes is fine, other than the obvious limitations of the 256mb of memory, but mine seems to have the dreaded screen touch dead zone in the middle that comes and goes.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:39 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

How are we sure that u do have two thumbs.... Lol

Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

How do you like that Xoom... I checked it out and it was nice... But there was an Acer next to it and it was just as good and half the price... The only thing I noticed was that the Xoom is beautiful on the outside.
p.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I love mine, I haven't seen the acer or the samsung 10.1 gtab yet though. It has reduced the amount of time I spend touching a computer by a large amount.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... I can see where that would be the case... I really need one for school. I was concerned with the typing part but the Acer offering also has an available keyboard attachment. And it has a usb adapter... Not sure if it would be able to run a wireless keyboard.

The Xoom is nice and shiny and it looks very capable.
But it's still a bit over what I would want to spend on a tab.
p.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I have a Xoom and I have to say I use my iPad2 quite a bit more. It wasn't as impressive as I expected. I was going to return it but I forget and missed the window lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

With the newest version of Honeycomb, 3.1, google introduced support for usb host mode for things like wired or wireless keyboard/mouse combos, ptp (picture transfer protocol) for directly transfering pictures from your digital camera, as well as a bunch of ui enhacements. The xoom is an extremely capable device. I just don't know how much cheaper things are going to get over the next few months.

Aztechka you should make Carla an offer she can't refuse since she has a xoom she doesn't want, lol.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets