PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android Tablets (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   I'm finally joining the gTen..err I mean gTab club! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144364)

gTen 06-07-2011 07:13 PM

I'm finally joining the gTen..err I mean gTab club!

So today I saw Tigerdirect selling the gtab on ebay for 250$ and I figured Id take the dive..originally I planned to wait till the quad cores come out...but overall I figured why not..so far I plan to just use it to watch movies..and thats pretty much it..but never know what use Id get out of it as its a new experience...:/

AZTECHKA 06-07-2011 07:23 PM

Re: I'm finally joining the gTen..err I mean gTab club!

Copy cat!!! PPCGeeks.com » And the Viewsonic gTablet Winner Is…
LOL...
I might need to get your contact info so you can walk me through this rooting thing.
I'm looking at the Vegan Tab ROM and Cyanogen's. I also understand that Netflix won't work on tabs unless they have a honeycomb ROM. And I also understand that the Honecomb ROMs are not where they need to be for the gTab.
I hope you don't mind me learning from you bro.
p.

gTen 06-07-2011 07:32 PM

sure..np..as long as you feel comfortable taking advice from someone who bricked his epic (which is suppose to be unbrickable ) ;) lol

I didnt copy ya though...I was considering it..the competition costs like 2x more and while I like the concept of the transform I dont plan to use it that way..so at a price point of 250$ it kinda just made sense Touchwiz :P lol jk

Those 2 roms is what I am considering too..give it time and Honeycomb will be on there...or ice scream...my guess the delay in releasing Honeycomb source delayed stuff...

AZTECHKA 06-07-2011 07:52 PM

There are peeps running honeycomb... But I heard they are having some issues with their cameras and a couple other things.
So... Not sure what to make of it. But it'll lbe a good entry for me into the world of rooting. I have a few links to instructions on how to root and load the ROM... I would just like to have someone to bounce things off of if needed.

Thanks bro.
p.

gTen 06-07-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2112883)
There are peeps running honeycomb... But I heard they are having some issues with their cameras and a couple other things.
So... Not sure what to make of it. But it'll lbe a good entry for me into the world of rooting. I have a few links to instructions on how to root and load the ROM... I would just like to have someone to bounce things off of if needed.

Thanks bro.
p.

Translation: I need a Guinea pig to try stuff first so that I dont mess anything up when I do mine :) lol jk

no problemo...;)

AZTECHKA 06-07-2011 08:06 PM

LOL... Well... Considering the Tab IS comming from Laos... I may not get it for another 10 weeks or so. LOL.
But I know you'll get yours and get strarted before I do being that you get no sleep and all.

Tell me I'm wrong.
p.

NinjaMom 06-08-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2112855)
Copy cat!!! PPCGeeks.com » And the Viewsonic gTablet Winner Is…
LOL...
I might need to get your contact info so you can walk me through this rooting thing.
I'm looking at the Vegan Tab ROM and Cyanogen's. I also understand that Netflix won't work on tabs unless they have a honeycomb ROM. And I also understand that the Honecomb ROMs are not where they need to be for the gTab.
I hope you don't mind me learning from you bro.
p.

It really was very simple to do with the clockwork mod. You'll be fine.

orangekid 06-10-2011 11:17 AM

yeah rooting/flashing is as easy as it is on any other device, it looks pretty unbrickable, just make sure you don't mess with flashing stock till you do some reading and make sure you see if your rom is booloader 1.1 or 1.2

mach1-6 06-15-2011 10:00 PM

I'm a Android noobie and was able to get mine rooted in only 2 tries.... the first try might have been because I didn't have a sd card installed. There was a few errors about writing to the sdcard2 directory. Installed a card and re-loaded the update.zip and everything worked fine.

Slatrdroid.com is a great source for info and directions as well as XDA-Developers.com

Good Luck... I love my GTab