PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
I've got a gTab coming in on Friday :)

pretty psyched!

can't wait to hack it up and put some CM7 love on that shiz, let's get this forum ROCKING!!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I love mine. I'm running vegan 5.1.1 and finally have the full market running.

Sync sms is awesome at syncing your text messages between the tab and your phone too.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: I've got a gTab coming in on Friday :)

I'm finding I have the gtab with me whenever couch surfing. Also, using Executive Assistant (free/lite/ad version) to give me the ambient view into email/calendar/twitter/facebook, I'm actually more active on twitter since its "just there".

Interesting difference in usage vs the iPad2 and iPhone4... I like all three, but they clearly are intended to be used differently!

Hope we get Honeycomb someday
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Glad to see more users getting this device...

I'm running VEGAn-Tab 5.1.1 because I really want hardware video acceleration.

The only small issue I have right now is that even though I have the full Market I somehow cannot see Flash Player and Mozilla Firefox. This is happening even though I downloaded/updated both of them from the Market previously.

Weird...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I've got some CM7 rom on it (just came in today).

I will be playing with it to find the best ROM to put, vegantab seems to be a winner in this thread, can you guys link me to the one you're using?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkid View Post
I've got some CM7 rom on it (just came in today).

I will be playing with it to find the best ROM to put, vegantab seems to be a winner in this thread, can you guys link me to the one you're using?

Downloads « VEGAn-TAB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
thx

Does this include VTL or anything or do I have to install the launcher and market fix and such on my own?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkid View Post
thx

Does this include VTL or anything or do I have to install the launcher and market fix and such on my own?
It has an older version of VTL - just install the latest over the built in one. Market works as well as any other. It's rooted. Install pershoot's latest (4/30) overclock kernel, and run that sucker at 1.4Ghz. Booya.

We were all expecting a new version "sometime soon" - but now it looks like some movement is happening towards Honeycomb

HC (yes, HC!!!) - SlateDroid.com

Yep, that is Honeycomb, running very poorly, on the gtab! Wooooo!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC HD2 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Is vtl a market launcher or do I need to flash it thru cwm?

I loaded vegan 7 and that sucker is lightning fast
Old 05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I love mine. I'm running vegan 5.1.1 and finally have the full market running.

Sync sms is awesome at syncing your text messages between the tab and your phone too.
Gonna have to try this. Just got mine in and my wife has had one for about 3 months but that was hers and I didnt mess with it, just flashed GB VEG on it. Thanks for the info.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets