PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android Tablets (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   I've got a gTab coming in on Friday :) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143364)

orangekid 05-03-2011 10:58 AM

I've got a gTab coming in on Friday :)

pretty psyched!

can't wait to hack it up and put some CM7 love on that shiz, let's get this forum ROCKING!!

NinjaMom 05-03-2011 02:35 PM

I love mine. I'm running vegan 5.1.1 and finally have the full market running.

Sync sms is awesome at syncing your text messages between the tab and your phone too.

schettj 05-03-2011 05:01 PM

Re: I've got a gTab coming in on Friday :)

I'm finding I have the gtab with me whenever couch surfing. Also, using Executive Assistant (free/lite/ad version) to give me the ambient view into email/calendar/twitter/facebook, I'm actually more active on twitter since its "just there".

Interesting difference in usage vs the iPad2 and iPhone4... I like all three, but they clearly are intended to be used differently!

Hope we get Honeycomb someday :)

Pibe38 05-03-2011 09:40 PM

Glad to see more users getting this device...

I'm running VEGAn-Tab 5.1.1 because I really want hardware video acceleration.

The only small issue I have right now is that even though I have the full Market I somehow cannot see Flash Player and Mozilla Firefox. This is happening even though I downloaded/updated both of them from the Market previously.

Weird...

orangekid 05-05-2011 12:45 PM

I've got some CM7 rom on it (just came in today).

I will be playing with it to find the best ROM to put, vegantab seems to be a winner in this thread, can you guys link me to the one you're using?

NinjaMom 05-05-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenkid (Post 2097613)
I've got some CM7 rom on it (just came in today).

I will be playing with it to find the best ROM to put, vegantab seems to be a winner in this thread, can you guys link me to the one you're using?

Downloads « VEGAn-TAB

orangekid 05-05-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2097816)

thx :)

Does this include VTL or anything or do I have to install the launcher and market fix and such on my own?

schettj 05-05-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenkid (Post 2097824)
thx :)

Does this include VTL or anything or do I have to install the launcher and market fix and such on my own?

It has an older version of VTL - just install the latest over the built in one. Market works as well as any other. It's rooted. Install pershoot's latest (4/30) overclock kernel, and run that sucker at 1.4Ghz. Booya.

We were all expecting a new version "sometime soon" - but now it looks like some movement is happening towards Honeycomb

HC (yes, HC!!!) - SlateDroid.com

Yep, that is Honeycomb, running very poorly, on the gtab! Wooooo!

orangekid 05-06-2011 09:56 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC HD2 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Is vtl a market launcher or do I need to flash it thru cwm?

I loaded vegan 7 and that sucker is lightning fast

M2Iceman 05-06-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2096311)
I love mine. I'm running vegan 5.1.1 and finally have the full market running.

Sync sms is awesome at syncing your text messages between the tab and your phone too.

Gonna have to try this. Just got mine in and my wife has had one for about 3 months but that was hers and I didnt mess with it, just flashed GB VEG on it. Thanks for the info.