PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Best ROM

I flashed the new vegan 7 last night and it is FAST and awesome, gonna stick with it.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

So, I'm not sure how many of you follow the DRAHMA over the 1.1 vs 1.2 bootloader, but a couple of things happened over the weekend and there seems to be significant movement now towards 1.2. Not much of it (yet) over at xda, but on slatedroid there is, with the addition of pershoot's OC kernel to the 1.2 bootloader tree, much excitement.

So, there could be a much more fully accelerated Gingerbread rom out, there is a much better OC'ed Froyo rom with full hardware video accel. available with OC kernel, and there is renewed hope of a Honeycomb rom.

Will keep y'all posted... I'm still on VeganGinger, although I'm really hoping it gets an update soon, the CM7 nightlies are way ahead of the code base gojimmy used...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
So, I'm not sure how many of you follow the DRAHMA over the 1.1 vs 1.2 bootloader, but a couple of things happened over the weekend and there seems to be significant movement now towards 1.2. Not much of it (yet) over at xda, but on slatedroid there is, with the addition of pershoot's OC kernel to the 1.2 bootloader tree, much excitement.

So, there could be a much more fully accelerated Gingerbread rom out, there is a much better OC'ed Froyo rom with full hardware video accel. available with OC kernel, and there is renewed hope of a Honeycomb rom.

Will keep y'all posted... I'm still on VeganGinger, although I'm really hoping it gets an update soon, the CM7 nightlies are way ahead of the code base gojimmy used...
Yeah keep us updated please because I'm all about updates
Old 05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Actually, over on slatedroid robeert has an alpha version of a full Honeycomb port that looks like it's going to be quite good - might need a few weeks more for the edges to get smoothed down, but its coming from the Adam HC release rom, which is fairly close hardware.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Advanced

wings64 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1.2 branch is the way to go. there's more active development. Brilliant corners is stable enough to be used as a daily driver. Most of the recent discussion is posted on slate droid.

Sent from my Brilliant Corners using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2011, 06:36 PM
morsus mihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings64 View Post
1.2 branch is the way to go. there's more active development. Brilliant corners is stable enough to be used as a daily driver. Most of the recent discussion is posted on slate droid.
I'm not a believer yet But it is getting closer. The CM7 branch is still under heavy development as well, of course.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well guys... It looks like I might be visiting you more often now.
LOL... Now just waiting for Laos to contact me and get my shipping info.
I'll definitely be rooting this. I'm leaning toward the vegan tab rom.
p.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:18 AM

vegan tab is nice, but CM7 is the way to go now, you can get netrlix plus CM7 updates are going really well on hardware acceleration.

(idk how I ended up with this crazy font)
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Alright Orange, I'll expect a full how-to for installing CM7, ala the iPhone write-ups you've done, by the time my gTab arrives I ain't visiting no other crappy sites.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
vegan tab is nice, but CM7 is the way to go now, you can get netrlix plus CM7 updates are going really well on hardware acceleration.

(idk how I ended up with this crazy font)
CM7 has hardware acceleration now? and video playback?

I personally went with Honeycomb Illuminate rom cause it has hardware acceleration, dual core optimized, flash support and opengl support...too bad no mkv via hardware playback yet ..

Can cm7 now play videos via hardware decode?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets