PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android Tablets (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   Asus EEE Pad Transformer finally here!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142919)

deviant.ones 04-19-2011 07:20 PM

Asus EEE Pad Transformer finally here!!

4 Attachment(s)
Just saw the 16GB and 32GB versions become available to purchase, only downside is that there is no bundle version with the keyboard dock yet. But the prices are nice, not the $399 for the 16GB like was stated in a few diff blogs but still close. The 16GB version is $420 and the 32GB version is $495. I will update with screenshots of the add and specs in a few min once I get dinner done.

mlin 04-19-2011 08:46 PM

Re: Asus EEE Pad Transformer finally here!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deviant.ones (Post 2087296)
Just saw the 16GB and 32GB versions become available to purchase, only downside is that there is no bundle version with the keyboard dock yet. But the prices are nice, not the $399 for the 16GB like was stated in a few diff blogs but still close. The 16GB version is $420 and the 32GB version is $495. I will update with screenshots of the add and specs in a few min once I get dinner done.

Wow, that looks pretty sick! I have not entertained the idea of getting a tablet too much, but, if this is getting Honeycomb and can replace my laptop for most uses, I will certainly be getting one.

EDIT: Looked at the site, I am quite sure I will be getting one of these. Those prices are insanely competitive! The docking station is brilliant! Is any other manufacturer doing something like this?

GoldenTiger 04-19-2011 09:04 PM

What site is that?

EDIT: I see a deactivated item page on newegg for $399.99 for the 16gb version and $499.99 for the 32gb version, we must be close!

EDIT2: Oh, you're linking the AAFES dell military/navy page, the general public can't buy from there.

deviant.ones 04-19-2011 10:11 PM

Yea, its military site, but the point is if it is available there I cannot imagine it being very much longer till its everywhere. I already called and confirmed it was ready to ship and not pre-order and ordered the 32GB version. And the exchange does price guarantee so if it does wind up selling for less anywhere else I will get the difference refunded. It should be shipped within 2-3 days and 5-7 bus days for the actual shipping time. So in 7-10 days I will have it :D

GoldenTiger 04-19-2011 10:29 PM

Nice, I hope I can buy one soon... can't decide whether to go for the keyboard dock or not though, or 16gb/32gb.... thinking 16gb + dock + 16gb microsd might make more sense than just 32gb.

deviant.ones 04-20-2011 02:46 AM

Well, I am going to get the dock as soon as its available personally. It has its own power source so it adds an additional 9-10 hours of battery life if I remember correctly. Other than that its not that big a deal, but for me that is enough.

afbond03 04-21-2011 01:28 PM

Hope you actually get this.
I ordered the Coby Kyros MID1026 from AAFES last week, after I called and confirmed it was actually available, like you did. After placing the order I was looking around for more information. I find out it hasn't even been released yet, then a day later it is taken off the official Coby website. Coby is claiming it will be released mid May now.
Just saying, don't always take AAFES word for it.
I have now ordered a viewsonic G-Tablet through the Office Depot AAFES exchange mall.
I haven't cancelled the Coby order yet, I will probably just wait and let it come to me when it does get released then decide to keep one or the other.

WarChild 04-26-2011 08:21 AM

Today is the day people.