PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

elnene20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moving to sd issue

My issue is I am running out of space and decided to move all my apps to the sd card using TB. Okay once that was done all of the app icons that have been placed on the main screens dissapear after a boot up. Any one know why this is happening?

I went ahed and placed them all back to the main memory and know they stay where I put them. Some one please advise. Thank you
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Moving to sd issue

Nothing huh?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I used App 2 SD https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
to move my apps... It works great and it tells you if you can move an app as soon as it installs.
That being said... I do see the Market icon on all the apps that were moved to the SD on bootup... But that's cuz I'm on a class 2 card and the phone has to read all the apps and settings from the SD. It takes a few seconds and then all the icons are displayed correctly.
I hope this helps.
p.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I used App 2 SD https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
to move my apps... It works great and it tells you if you can move an app as soon as it installs.
That being said... I do see the Market icon on all the apps that were moved to the SD on bootup... But that's cuz I'm on a class 2 card and the phone has to read all the apps and settings from the SD. It takes a few seconds and then all the icons are displayed correctly.
I hope this helps.
p.

Thank you for your reply. I feel like an idiot right now. I went ahead and did what you said. I used App 2 SD, But I only moved a few of them and not the whole bunch.

Rebooted and they where once again not where they were placed. Waited a couple of secs and then they appeared. Hmmm. NICE .

So this time I moved everything that I possibly could with TB like I did before and waited about a min or two before I even touched the tablet and they where there .

So what I was doing wrong here was I did not have the patience and wanted it right then and there. Not thinking of how much crap needed to load now. Oops.. Problem solved. Thank You
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets