PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android Tablets (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   What has two thumbs and is getting a Motorola Xoom tablet? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141371)

MrHawaii 02-28-2011 05:44 AM

What has two thumbs and is getting a Motorola Xoom tablet?

THIS GUY!!!

Anyone else getting in on the tablet fun?

wesscoggin 02-28-2011 08:00 PM

Re: What has two thumbs and is getting a Motorola Xoom tablet?

I got mine on Saturday. Much happier with it than the archos I purchased in Nov.

NIKKG 03-15-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 2062788)
I got mine on Saturday. Much happier with it than the archos I purchased in Nov.

I was planning on getting the Archos but I was put off by the subpar hardware they were using, rootting a Nook Color would probably be better than getting the Archos.

wesscoggin 03-16-2011 12:13 PM

It just seems that buying an archos is a crap shoot. I got two of them. The wifes is fine, other than the obvious limitations of the 256mb of memory, but mine seems to have the dreaded screen touch dead zone in the middle that comes and goes.

masetas 05-19-2011 04:39 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

How are we sure that u do have two thumbs.... Lol

AZTECHKA 05-19-2011 05:03 PM

How do you like that Xoom... I checked it out and it was nice... But there was an Acer next to it and it was just as good and half the price... The only thing I noticed was that the Xoom is beautiful on the outside.
p.

wesscoggin 05-19-2011 05:17 PM

I love mine, I haven't seen the acer or the samsung 10.1 gtab yet though. It has reduced the amount of time I spend touching a computer by a large amount.

AZTECHKA 05-19-2011 05:20 PM

Yeah... I can see where that would be the case... I really need one for school. I was concerned with the typing part but the Acer offering also has an available keyboard attachment. And it has a usb adapter... Not sure if it would be able to run a wireless keyboard.

The Xoom is nice and shiny and it looks very capable.
But it's still a bit over what I would want to spend on a tab.
p.

Carla 05-19-2011 10:45 PM

I have a Xoom and I have to say I use my iPad2 quite a bit more. It wasn't as impressive as I expected. I was going to return it but I forget and missed the window lol.

wesscoggin 05-23-2011 11:13 AM

With the newest version of Honeycomb, 3.1, google introduced support for usb host mode for things like wired or wireless keyboard/mouse combos, ptp (picture transfer protocol) for directly transfering pictures from your digital camera, as well as a bunch of ui enhacements. The xoom is an extremely capable device. I just don't know how much cheaper things are going to get over the next few months.

Aztechka you should make Carla an offer she can't refuse since she has a xoom she doesn't want, lol.