PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[HOW TO] Hard Reset/factory default your Nook

Thought this would come in handy and wanted to get it posted here before it gets lost and burried...

FULL Credit goes to mad5427 @ XDA

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Unroot Nook Color?

RE:
To do a hard reset, hold down the power button, +Volume button and the Home Nook button at the same time until your machine powers down. Turn your machine back on and it should give you a choice to reset your nook. Power button will cancel it and the nook home button at the bottom will continue with the reset. Confirm it and it will take a couple minutes and your machine will be back to square one.

Last edited by clockcycle; 12-03-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Hard Reset your Nook

Is that much different than this? --- > http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/nook-color...6-root-nc.html
Old 12-03-2010, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [HOW TO] Hard Reset your Nook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Is that much different than this? --- > http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/nook-color...6-root-nc.html
What I posted is not a root method for the NC. It is just reference to how to "Hard Reset" it to get it back to factory default..

-CC
Old 02-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nook Color
Carrier: Sprint

RandyM is a n00b
Re: [HOW TO] Hard Reset/factory default your Nook

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Thought this would come in handy and wanted to get it posted here before it gets lost and burried...

FULL Credit goes to mad5427 @ XDA

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Unroot Nook Color?

RE:
To do a hard reset, hold down the power button, +Volume button and the Home Nook button at the same time until your machine powers down. Turn your machine back on and it should give you a choice to reset your nook. Power button will cancel it and the nook home button at the bottom will continue with the reset. Confirm it and it will take a couple minutes and your machine will be back to square one.
Hello,
I've tried the power / volume + / home button method a bunch of times now. And I never get a screen that prompts me to reset the NOOk. The reason I'm trying to go back to "factory default" is - I rooted it last night, and now the YouTube app doesn't work. It just flashes (scrolls left) and goes back to my "extras" screen. So I wanted to download an app to recover it from the Market, but when I try to download anything - it just sits there with "starting download" but never progresses. Your help with any or all of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I've screwed this thing up.
Randy.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
Hello,
I've tried the power / volume + / home button method a bunch of times now. And I never get a screen that prompts me to reset the NOOk. The reason I'm trying to go back to "factory default" is - I rooted it last night, and now the YouTube app doesn't work. It just flashes (scrolls left) and goes back to my "extras" screen. So I wanted to download an app to recover it from the Market, but when I try to download anything - it just sits there with "starting download" but never progresses. Your help with any or all of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I've screwed this thing up.
Randy.
since you rooted it already, you need to do the 8 powerdown interrupts and then a hard reset. but if it's just a youtube problem, all you have to do is either use titanium backup and wipe data for youtube app or go into nook tools settings and erase data from there. and it should work. repeat the fix whenever youtube crashes.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

kapblp is a n00b

I'm having the same problem. I had a botched auto nooter and now am trying to get back to factor state. I did the 8 failed boots part. But holding the Power, VOL+, Power button powers off the device but I never get a screen offering to erase the device.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets