PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Galaxy Tab vs Nook Color

I thought I would post this for those of you considering a Galaxy Tab or a Nook Color to post your likes and dislikes. Having owned both I will give it a go...

Galaxy Tab Likes: Size, Cameras, Speed
Dislikes: Thickness, slippery back, screen legibility, cost $600, lack of microusb port

Nook Color Likes: cost $250, General feel, weight, Micro USB port, Screen legibility and lack of glare
Dislikes: Needs to be modded a bit to work well, lack of cameras and mic
Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Galaxy Tab vs Nook Color

You can get root on the Nook Color and then do plenty with it. I own the Tab and my wife has the Nook Color and they both have their pros and cons (like you mentioned). A few worthwhile links:

Nook color rooted: Hands on - Hack a Day

Hack adds Kindle app to Nook Color | TG Daily

Nook Color Gets Hacked Again, Now Runs Ubuntu - PCWorld
Old 01-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
I have a tab and love it. I see it as a computer, ereader, video player, scheduler, education tool for my kid, camera, video chat device, GPS etc. I am downloading Inception to the tab as we speak from dropbox. I used logmein ignition to start the torrent on my media pc and load it into my dropbox file. I have played with the nook and I just don't feel like it can handle the tasks as well as the tab. I got my tab for the same price as the nook, $250 from T-Mobile. That is on contract but because the tab goes with me everywhere I dropped my Droid X and its data plan. I just activated my 5 year old flip phone for calls. Keeps my monthly price the same. I couldn't drop my smartphone if I had a nook.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Having owned both like the OP did, I'd still go with a galaxy for the same reasons.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

the tab is a better device, not that you actually need all these features though. bluetooth, gps, 3g, is kinda unnecessary, and the price is a big no no. I think the smartphone + mobile hotspot + nook combo is fantastic. I wish the nook had a microphone access to occasionally use the google search features, but it's fine without it. the tab is twice the price, and if I were to pay that much, I might as well buy an ipad.

loving the nook right now. Use is primarily for ereader, some gaming, some reading, and lots of web surfing. It does it flawlessly, and the ability to use one charger is an added bonus.

I really cant justify the huge price tag, just for gps, bluetooth, mic, and 3g, all of which, can easily be used with my other device. Sure, if you only use a tablet, and no phone, then the tab is the only way to go. If the tab is close to the functionality of the nc, then it's an awesome device; just overpriced. Consider it a ferrari vs corvette matchup. The ferrari is better, but the corvette would definitely hold it's own.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: richardolson
Carrier: richardolson

richardolson is a n00b

Samsung's 7-inch Android tablet is a serious contender to the Apple iPad, boasting two cameras, Flash compatibility, and a more convenient size.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets