PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android Tablets (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   Airave and Galaxy Tab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139299)

OR78 01-06-2011 10:58 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So I have been having a ton of problems for about a month with my airave. Coincidentally,I got my tab about a month ago. Could there be a connection here? I am currently performing a check by leaving my tab off while at home to see if my airave stays online. Lately the mobile light goes from solid green to a flashing yellow. I have also been having tech support make an attempt to help but so far no resolution. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar issues who owns a tab. Thanks everyone.

rainfreak 01-09-2011 12:29 AM

Re: Airave and Galaxy Tab

I have an Airave and have not had any issues with it since I got my Tab. I would assume it is a coincidence and your Airave is getting ready to go to the great microcell in the sky.

OR78 01-09-2011 11:58 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; SPH-P100 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thanks RF. It seems you are correct. I guess its up to tech support to figure the damn thing out. Lets see how long this takes.......

rainfreak 01-10-2011 05:21 PM

Best of luck to you, I hope they figure it out quick. With a wife and two teens at home, I know that if my Airave crapped out I would be spending hundreds of dollars per month in overages, until they got it replaced.

tornacl 01-18-2011 11:05 PM

OR - ... try this please.
Turn off all the cell devices in your house - including the Tab.
Push the reset button on the back of the Air Rave.
Let the Air Rave boot completely back up ( all lights green ).
Now one by one turn the phones and Tab back on.
The closer to the Air Rave you are, the better.

** When I am at home ... I use my Wi-Fi connection on teh Tab instead of the Sprint data connection. **

tornacl 01-18-2011 11:06 PM

Is it the Air Rave 2 by any chance ?

OR78 01-19-2011 10:08 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yup! Piss on this damn thing!

OR78 01-19-2011 10:10 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; SPH-P100 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tornacl
OR - ... try this please.
Turn off all the cell devices in your house - including the Tab.
Push the reset button on the back of the Air Rave.
Let the Air Rave boot completely back up ( all lights green ).
Now one by one turn the phones and Tab back on.
The closer to the Air Rave you are, the better.

** When I am at home ... I use my Wi-Fi connection on teh Tab instead of the Sprint data connection. **

I use wifi as well on the tab. I will try anything so I will give that a shot.......

Edit: tried this last night..woke up to an amber mobile light on the airave. I dont think this will ever get resolved.....

tornacl 01-27-2011 11:34 PM

Hit the reset button on the back of the AirRave ... small opening - use a needle or small nail. If that doesnt solve it ... give Sprint a call.