PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The first Nook Color Thread.

I don't have one yet... But I have one on preorder for my wife. I understand this thing runs on Android... I also understand it's pretty locked down. I also understand... I understand alot... Bear with me. lol.
That Barnes and Noble will have their own app store in the future.

My hope is that this thing can reach its potential with the help of some of you Androidians.

Initially it will just be a supped up ebook reader. Able to browse the web, run a youtube app a facebook app and Pandora and twitter.

Any ideas?

Here's a link to the B&N site http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/?cds2Pid=35700
p.

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 11-19-2010 at 07:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: The first Nook Color Thread.

I can see how that would be nice. They're getting their own app store?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Threadstarter

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah... I think their hope is to keep you locked to them.
p.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:05 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

I got a nook a while back - hope to see improvements
Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just got the nook for my wife. Hope to see some good info here... I help the best I can as I learn more about it. Thanks for the thread AZTECHKA. T M Z

P.S. There is a update for it that just came out.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Threadstarter

Did you get the nook or the nook color? Cuz an update already is a good sing of things to come for a product that just came out for those who preordered it.
p.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:34 PM
tmz
VIP Member

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

I got just the (nook) and not the color and yesterday when I was getting some suff for it they told me about the up date. I haven't do it yet but will tomorrow.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Threadstarter

Cool... My father in law and my brother in law both have the original nook. I'll let them know.
Thanks.
p.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:33 PM
tmz
VIP Member

Well I went out and got her the nook color so I could talk in this thread lol. Hope to see some good info and I'll pass along what I find on it.
Thanks T M Z
Old 11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

TheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We have root shell access to the nook color now and have been able to install a few apps. Its still rough but I expect by tonight it'll be cleaned up. There's a thread on xda about it but I'll cross post here when there's something easier to use.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets