PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Reset Android Without Losing My Apps & Stuff???

Is there a way to do this? I'm running BoxmaX S3.5 Runny v6.5 SD and would love to keep almost everything I installed, but suddenly something is causing Android to lock up and freeze in the middle of everything.

If theres any other solutions to curing this, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Reset Android Without Losing My Apps & Stuff???

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Is there a way to do this? I'm running BoxmaX S3.5 Runny v6.5 SD and would love to keep almost everything I installed, but suddenly something is causing Android to lock up and freeze in the middle of everything.

Download an app called "My Backup Root" from the market, open it and allow root.

Hit backup apps, and backup all apps/data you want to keep (including whatever custom launcher you have if it's not stock).

do a reset of your ROM or re-flash (I suggest a full wipe from cwm if you're running nand).

after you get the ROM back up, download "My Backup Root" agian, and restore everything. The worst that will happen is you have to re-add some widgets.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Just saw you had an SD version.

You can do what I just said above, it will work, but you can also just copy your data.img file somewhere on your PC, reformat your SD card, extract the ROM back on there and then copy your data.img back over, it should work fine that way. I'd still keep a MyBackupRoot backup of my apps just in case.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Apparently it was a bad .apk, I make it a note to remember the last things I download before rebooting and managed to stay started up long enough to remove it and the problem stopped...

I download some certain cracked app's, so that's the danger of downloading those and not sticking to stuff on android market. LoL

I'll be sure to keep My Backup Root in mind if I ever run into a problem I can't recover from! Thanks
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Before anyone jumps my case about downloading cracked app's a lot of the cracked have lead to me actually purchasing the app itself indeed, some app's just don't offer trials and hey if that's what it takes to use it and determine if ya want to buy it then so be it...

I've paid from $2.99 to $39.99 for an app, so yea some are cheap enough that ya can't help but afford and a few are expensive enough to leave a lil dent in your pocket. LoL

I've always been a pirate and certainly pirating app's are a lot worse than pirating music, this is why when someone ask's me for a cracked app I try to offer them free app's that do the samething.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:17 PM

I get what you're saying and no one is going to preach about how you choose to acquire your apps, but do keep in mind that discussing warez stuff is against our rules for legal reasons. You can discuss it in theory, but don't get into what/where/how/when or anything like that.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:47 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post

I run roms via SD in Boot Manager.
Not real familiar with running Android via SD on non Android devices.

Do you have an option to clear cache and Dalvik?
If so try that first.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

Last edited by rootlinux; 03-15-2012 at 04:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2