PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Question [Q] HD2's 576MB Ram on Android?

So, from the last few days of google/xda/ppcg searching, the only thing close to an answer is that memory mapping was still being worked on for utilizing the 576MB of ram available in the HD2, and this was back in Aug/Sep of last year...

So my question is, are there currently ANY Android ROM's that utilize this extra RAM? or does memory mapping still have a "hole" in it (BIOS pun for those who know)

It sucks that WM6.5 can use it, but Android is still in the dark

And on a related and probably equally important note, for anyone who DOES have any information on this, can you point me to the thread/forum/blog/site/repo or whatever where I can watch for news/development/comments relating to this issue/feature/topic?

Please/Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: [Q] HD2's 576MB Ram on Android?

afaik when you have the 2.15.50 radio flashed you can use all the RAM, I'll verify this though.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2 XDA Ignito
Carrier: O2

tigermoto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There's speculation as to whether the 576MB is actually real or not.
Others believe that the extra 128Mb is used for the GPU.
448+128=576 Mb.
It's all speculative I think.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Don't forget partitions are made for system and cache which use some of that memory

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2