PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[NSFW] Post Your Android on HD2 Pics Here

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PHONE ROOTED YOU CAN GET THE PATCH HERE
THEN DOWNLOAD SHOOT ME FROM THE MARKET TO GET SCREEN SHOTS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...91&postcount=4

Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Post Your Android Pics Here

I'm going to go ahead and throw a preemptive "NSFW" tag on here.

Last edited by orangekid; 07-27-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger
Re: [NSFW] Post Your Android on HD2 Pics Here

You do know that a ported is already ready rooted right.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Badger View Post
You do know that a ported is already ready rooted right.
no its not.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Threadstarter

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

he's right its not unless someone puts in the ROM you will need the patch
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

Has something changed with the way the port works? I know the port for say a Fuze was rooted and that it wouldn't have even been feasible if it wasn't rooted.

On a side note.......Maxtcee you live in Sick-ville huh? I used to live in Berlin-Voorhees(right behind the old Carrefour) building on 73 and Cooper.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Badger View Post
Has something changed with the way the port works? I know the port for say a Fuze was rooted and that it wouldn't have even been feasible if it wasn't rooted.

On a side note.......Maxtcee you live in Sick-ville huh? I used to live in Berlin-Voorhees(right behind the old Carrefour) building on 73 and Cooper.
when you extract a working rootFS, it is not necessarily rooted, it is just a port of a working filesystem, you still have to patch it to root it.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:23 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Threadstarter

even with a patch and correct me if im wrong its still not a full root its a half root so you still cant load custom themes
and yea wil moved down here bout 7 yrs ago from queens and its sux lol
Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Threadstarter

Old 08-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Dual boot with Android FULLY working with decent battery life

Android 2.2 Froyo Running on HD2

going to have fun customizing Android...everything works flawlessly...all the hardware buttons, battery life, camera / camcorder work fine, all stock HTC apps and plug ins work, all Android mods work...

It really is a dream with the latest 2.2 update. Froyo contains so many key features that makes Android just as powerful as WM. This runs MUCH MUCH MUCH smoother than the EVO stock rom. I have never seen a custom EVO rom and I'm sure they're great. I love my HD2 though! Having Froyo Dual boot with my custom WinMo rom...I won't need another phone for a WHILE.
[/QUOTE]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2