PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Sprint

Lan05 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Made mistake on CDMA Workshop, HTC Android stuck on boot loop

Hello, first time poster, and first time needing help that I can't seem to find anywhere. I'm posting under general since it may be a general problem for any HTC Android phone, mine is for the CDMA Sprint HTC Hero. I've searched hi and low and tried every type of method for restore including goldcard. Please note that this phone was in stock 1.5 and unrooted. My problem is when I went into CDMA Workshop, I made a small mistake under the NAM tab and accidentally disabled the PRL. Once it restarted it then kept going into an infinite loop, restarting as soon as it got to the main lock screen. I was wondering if there was any way to have it connect to CDMA Workshop without having to go to the main screen. Again I've tried a lot of methods. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Made mistake on CDMA Workshop, HTC Android stuck on boot loop

Can you just start over? Wipe and reflash?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Threadstarter

Lan05 is a n00b

Sorry for the late reply, but no, I've tried almost everything

EDIT: What I meant was I reflashed it many times but it does the same thing.

Last edited by Lan05; 01-07-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Try here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-hero/1...-workshop.html see if any of this works, if not post in that thread what the problem is, steps take to try and resolve the issue and I am sure one of our fantastic Hero members can assist you.

Lastly make sure you post in the correct forum, this one is for Android development and your problem would have been better posted in the Hero section or the Android General if you thought it was a general issue. This way the issue can get resloved quicker with those more familar with your device.

Last edited by tsowen; 01-20-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC SuPeR SoNiC A.k.A EVO
Carrier: cricKet

tech-9 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan05 View Post
Hello, first time poster, and first time needing help that I can't seem to find anywhere. I'm posting under general since it may be a general problem for any HTC Android phone, mine is for the CDMA Sprint HTC Hero. I've searched hi and low and tried every type of method for restore including goldcard. Please note that this phone was in stock 1.5 and unrooted. My problem is when I went into CDMA Workshop, I made a small mistake under the NAM tab and accidentally disabled the PRL. Once it restarted it then kept going into an infinite loop, restarting as soon as it got to the main lock screen. I was wondering if there was any way to have it connect to CDMA Workshop without having to go to the main screen. Again I've tried a lot of methods. Thanks.
I don't have a hero .. but get your phone into bootloader you should be able to write to it without the main screen .. if that doesn't work try flashing a new kernel to get out of boot loop.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: any
Carrier: idea

jaspertailor is a n00b

You did not mention when you buy your HTC phone, If it is still in warranty then you should not do any experimental change in your device other wise you probably loss your warranty. you can also get some tips from its official website or ask dealer from whom you buy your phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development