PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: cricket

nonzero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Huwei Ascend Cynogenmod - How to flash back or fix problems

I bought this phone off of craigslist since mine got ran over. The Rom seems ok but it has a few things that are driving me crazy.

1. MMS almost never works (ran fix permissions, waiting to see if that fixed anything with mms)

2. No option for Swype, anywhere, tried downloading and installing from market. It doesn't work.

3. On the dial pad, it no longer allows me to spell out the name and list and drop names as punch in (ie I press 7 3 and a list drops showing Peter and Peri). I am forced to go to contacts and scroll through list (Very annoying when you have a ton of contacts and need to call Will or Vicky!)

I don't know if its an issue with the Rom its self or if it was something the previous owner did. I've tried looking for answers to these problems, but very few people have this phone.

Can I fix these problems. The rom is Cyanogenmod 7.2. The rom seems to run smoother, uses less memory than the stock one that was on my old phone, and has the newer 2.3.5 Android OS. I'd rather fix these problems, but if I can't, can I go back to stock? Any help to solving these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by nonzero; 12-05-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Huwei Ascend Cynogenmod - How to flash back or fix problems

You should ask your questions in that thread, but if I were you I would try out other ROMs or wipe everything and reflash the Cyanogenmod ROM. There's no reason to keep that ROM on there if the phone is already rooted. And it'd be much easier to flash another ROM then it would be to sit here and figure out the solutions to those issues.

EDIT: Oh, and if you wanted to go back to stock, I think this link will help you out:

http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-...end-stock.html

Last edited by Sharkie405; 12-07-2011 at 02:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Thanks for the response. I read through the link u posted and it seems easy enough. Only one thing worries me. The OP in the thread you linked to states that once you flash to stock, you will need to re-root the phone to load another rom.

So, I am either stuck with the old android os, which is slower and some apps can't be installed, or I can have the newer os, but too many functions are broken.

Any ROMS that anyone knows of that have a good reputation for reliability and features?

Thanks again for the response!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:08 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I don't know why flashing back to stock would cause you to need to root the phone again, but I read where the person says that. You should familiarize yourself with the root process anyway, just so you know how to should you need to. Here's a place to start: Step by Step Rooting Instructions: for Huawei Ascend - Android Forums So if you want to flash back to stock, you know how to get back to root.

If you don't want to bother with that and you just want to flash another ROM, here's a couple that I found:

[ROM][Huawei U8120]Android 2.3.7 - Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 - update 15 - xda-developers
[ROM]CyanogenMod 7 for the huawei Ascend II M865 - Android Forums

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of dev work for that phone, but I don't own one and so I haven't looked around much. Ask around in those threads I linked and I'm sure some of them can turn you on to what's new and available for your phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Figured it out. I now have my phone flashed back to stock. I followed the instructions on this link. Worked perfects!

How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock - Page 7 - Android Forums

Thanks for all the help sharkie405!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

Sweet! Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for letting us know and posting the link that helped you out.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development