PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

babyjordin23 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Juice Defender (Help)

I just downloaded Juice Defender, and im soooo confused lol. Will it work on my phone even though its not rooted? I know it says some options will not be available, but i dont care as long as it works. I also have battery doctor running to help out my battery life. I just need help with my battery without rooting my phone.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Re: Juice Defender (Help)

The presets in the latest JD version work on default without rooting. One or two of the advanced settings require it. But the default settings will, all by themselves, add usage time to your battery. There are differences in opinion on JD's effectiveness. I, for one, give it thumbs up. Check some of the other theads for battery-saving tips, techniques, JD settings, and related issues. There's a sticky on batteries in the Epic forum that might help you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thank you very much fo the info!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjordin23 View Post
thank you very much fo the info!
Hey fellow Ga,
Why not let us get you past that Root hurdle. It is easy to do. People that struggle to figure out velcro are now able to root. Takes less than 5 minutes and opens up a lot of doors.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ive been thinking about the root option a lot. I just dont want to go through all the hassel in trying to flash it back to stock if something goes wrong with my phone. I love my phone its just the battery issue, lately i've been running JD on default and i went frm 5hrs all the way to 15hrs on heavy usage. So im pretty good right now
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Root it, root it, root it!!!

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

There's another rooting alternative. Not sure if it works on Evo, I have it on my Epic. It's called z4root. They took it off the market, I think, but you can google it under z4root, z4mod, or RyanZA.

You download it, click on "Root". Zap, it's done. Once rooted, clicking on the app brings up a screen where you can un-root or re-root just as easily. No flashing needed. It's not as manly a solution but it's way easier and you don't need help or walking through! Only negative I know of is it does not include ClockWorkMod. But if you use MyBackup (another must-have app), you can restore everything you've got on your droid. Including z4root.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thanks, im going to look into it more. Do some more research. I just got a bad feeling im going to brick my phone, which i DO NOT want to do lol
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjordin23 View Post
thanks, im going to look into it more. Do some more research. I just got a bad feeling im going to brick my phone, which i DO NOT want to do lol
Not to be proding you but I have had my EVO since June 4th and I have read 100's of accounts where people have claimed they have "bricked" their phone. Early on, rooting was a several hour affair full of pot-holes and some people had their phones hung up for days. But in thruth, I can only think of one or two that I know could not find their way back to a functioning device. Lost RSA keys come to mind. And even then, they failed to take the minimal precautions that are standard practice today. Others gave up and ran to Sprint out of panic.

If you are not comfortable rooting then don't. But with a forum like this as an asset, there is little to fear.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
There is no reason why your phone is bricked when you have unrevoked. It's almost impossible to brick your phone.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games