PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ayryyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does Setcpu really work?

As the topic states, does Setcpu actually work? I am asking this because I tend to see more "stuttering" when it is enabled versus when it is not. For example, playing the game Guns 'n' Glory with Setcpu uninstalled, I see an occasional slowdown, but with Setcpu enabled, the game slows so much that it is almost unplayable.
Any suggestions to resolve this?

[Edit] I have two profiles. One is for when the phone is in use. This one has the sliders all the way to the left and right, respectively. It is also set to the ondemand scaling. The other is when the phone is asleep. Both sliders are set to the minimum with ondemand scaling. Any help?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Does Setcpu really work?

Sounds like it's in your settings, though I haven't used it with 2.2. Also, I don't play games, but on 2.1, I found it generally well behaved
Old 11-28-2010, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Definitely the settings. I just started digging into SetCPU and using profiles my battery life has gone from 6 hours on a full charge to right now Im at 90%, 3 hours since last unplug. No stuttering, no problems at all
Old 11-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am not sure, right now I am running without and cant say I really notice much difference.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

cluenino is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Definitely the settings. I just started digging into SetCPU and using profiles my battery life has gone from 6 hours on a full charge to right now Im at 90%, 3 hours since last unplug. No stuttering, no problems at all
Will you share you're settings?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You may have CPU set too high or low when game is played.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Kind of petty but what I didn't like about it is having its icon in the top left corner. Anyway to not let it do that?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
Kind of petty but what I didn't like about it is having its icon in the top left corner. Anyway to not let it do that?

What's really happening is that the processor namely snap snail in evo isn't really what's played out to be. the thought that it be competitive to other 1ghz processors in the same band turns out to be one of the biggest hype and an embarrassment of it's kind. Check out the hummingbird processor it's made by chinese lol htc is twain without the brains lol ever since it became popular with it's touch slow 1 and and the htc touch slow 2. lol trust me man I owned these phones especially the diamond in the past so my experience COUNTS...lol good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Oops...double post.my bad.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post

Go to profiles and uncheck notifications.

Also, while the snapdragon processor does not possess the same 3d processing capabilities as the hummingbird, the remainder of speeds/performance is very similar between a snapdragon and Samsung processor equipped device. I have both an epic and an evo. Btw, owning a diamond does not make you credible on this subject.

To the op, SETCPU works great for me abscissa experience no lag. I use it primarily for profiles and have increased my battery life by roughly 50% since I started using it. As far as your settings go, I would try turning down the clock speed to 1ghz. The only difference I have noticed with overclocking is better benchmark numbers. Other than that it just seems to yield inconsistent and glitchy performance.

Tapa tapa tapa
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games