PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
I never OC but I do UC it, I have two profiles set one is when screen off at 24500 max and min, then when battery is below 40% min at 245 and max at 7 something I can't remember. I have all set to conservative.

Tapatalk'd on Evo
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 11-29-2010, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Does Setcpu really work?

I played with it for about a week and just did not realize much benefit but did find myself causing some problems. I uninstalled it.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
What's really happening is that the processor namely snap snail in evo isn't really what's played out to be. the thought that it be competitive to other 1ghz processors in the same band turns out to be one of the biggest hype and an embarrassment of it's kind. Check out the hummingbird processor it's made by chinese lol htc is twain without the brains lol ever since it became popular with it's touch slow 1 and and the htc touch slow 2. lol trust me man I owned these phones especially the diamond in the past so my experience COUNTS...lol good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.
A couple of things here...

I've owned these phones as well (tp, diamond, hero, and evo) and I never really had any problems. There was never an issue that wasn't my own fault.

Snapdragon is not only competitive with other processors but, in my experience (Having used an Epic for 2 weeks and a Fascinate for a 3 weeks), performs much more consistently. The hummingbird was awesome when it was awesome, but there would be large hiccups where the system would totally lock for what I considered to be a frustratingly long amount of time.

I guarantee that I have more phones on my computer desk right now then you have ever owned and have had way more phones than that in my hands for 1+ weeks at a time in the past year, so my opinion COUNTS MORE by your logic. There is not a single phone that i would give my Evo up for.

Also, and this is kind of a side note; I think your post may have been racist. That thing about the Taiwanese and Chinese was not only irrelevant, but threw any shred of the shadow of pathetic credibility your post had straight out the window. Your lack of ability to convey thought through writing (referring to your horrible grammar and punctuation) should have signaled me to stop reading right at your first sentence, but I chose to give you the benefit of the doubt. It was a bad decision on my part and I assure you I will not make it again. Aside from being tangentially related to a distant echo of the original post, your post doesn't belong here.

More on topic, SetCPU, in my experience, works famously for giving my Evo a little cpu boost (speed below 1119) when I need it to. The biggest reason I have it installed, though, is to underclock my processor. When my battery is taking a beating, I dial it down to 720 max (Ah, the HTC Hero) and I can squeeze out a good amount more time. It seems that every Evo has a CPU "personality" and they all have different amounts of overclocking that they can handle. You may be clocking it too high and causing mild instability. Also, the scheduler, be it BFS or CFS, may not be playing nicely with your phone. I usually do CFS, but other users with set ups almost identical to my own have great luck with BFS kernels. Playing around and trying new configurations is the only way to know what works for you. Hope that helps.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Bradart: The Thread Assassin.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
lol, pretty much.

you killed it deader than Andre Johnson would have had it punched him in the neck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:

I've owned these phones as well (tp, diamond, hero, and evo) and I never really had any problems. There was never an issue that wasn't my own fault.

Snapdragon is not only competitive with other processors but, in my experience (Having used an Epic for 2 weeks and a Fascinate for a 3 weeks), performs much more consistently. The hummingbird was awesome when it was awesome, but there would be large hiccups where the system would totally lock for what I considered to be a frustratingly long amount of time.

I guarantee that I have more phones on my computer desk right now then you have ever owned and have had way more phones than that in my hands for 1+ weeks at a time in the past year, so my opinion COUNTS MORE by your logic. There is not a single phone that i would give my Evo up for.

Also, and this is kind of a side note; I think your post may have been racist. That thing about the Taiwanese and Chinese was not only irrelevant, but threw any shred of the shadow of pathetic credibility your post had straight out the window. Your lack of ability to convey thought through writing (referring to your horrible grammar and punctuation) should have signaled me to stop reading right at your first sentence, but I chose to give you the benefit of the doubt. It was a bad decision on my part and I assure you I will not make it again. Aside from being tangentially related to a distant echo of the original post, your post doesn't belong here.

More on topic, SetCPU, in my experience, works famously for giving my Evo a little cpu boost (speed below 1119) when I need it to. The biggest reason I have it installed, though, is to underclock my processor. When my battery is taking a beating, I dial it down to 720 max (Ah, the HTC Hero) and I can squeeze out a good amount more time. It seems that every Evo has a CPU "personality" and they all have different amounts of overclocking that they can handle. You may be clocking it too high and causing mild instability. Also, the scheduler, be it BFS or CFS, may not be playing nicely with your phone. I usually do CFS, but other users with set ups almost identical to my own have great luck with BFS kernels. Playing around and trying new configurations is the only way to know what works for you. Hope that helps.
Quote:
What is the applause smiley? I forgot. Anyway applause...

I actually came to this page to see if anyone had ripped this guy the new Ahole he deserves and I ended up reading your post, which was very well put together. I know why the boys at AP keep you around. Thanks for getting this guy before I saw it. I have been slacking lately.

And yea you are the thread assassin, by the time I got here he was already dead. hahahaha.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Quote:

Why are u giving false hope to those who r suffering badly with the evo? Thankfully those with updated hardware (if bought in November) have a better shot... and a new kind of method rooting.

You had to edit your post a couple times before u actually settled it. Don't be stupid becaue I saw you deleted your original post before you make a new one. So obviously you're taking it very seriously. But I will omit one creditable mistake on my part... After re reading my post when I said "Twain with no brains" while you took the other direction, I was actually joking by that I should've said "they...could've done better competitively than the chinese product-wise." But Hey, what am I... a Politician? I'm not being a racist... I definately need to make that clear.

I can give 2 horse manures if you asked me if I cared about how many shot up cell phones you've had in your lifetime... I could've owned more and I'm not counting PREPAID cell phones. During my trial with the Epic I've tested the fascinate, the captivate and the htc evo. The same experience you had with the epic is the same way I feel about the evo. So +1 for experience I give you that while u don't necessarily deserve it. You're still -2 for editing your essay, and your lousy attempt to make me jealous of your Harvard degree-like writing. You think you're smarter than me don't cha? Last I checked I heard most novelist were homosexually motivated...is so why they "speak" and "type" so well like you do. Which is why you stopped reading my post after that little migraine you had because my grammar is so not perfect for you... Well kudos to you, my man!

So tell me what books have u written? I'll be sure to pick one up for my wife and maybe she'll voice her opinion afterwards.

Edit: Nooooooo.... I'm not dead yet.
It felt so good standing on the Redskins turf while I was wearing the Mike Vicks jersey my man Jim Jim gave me and kicked their asses .... I'm about to wear the Samsung on your turf now what?! U mad?

Old 12-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Officer Android

Quote:
Why are u giving false hope to those who r suffering badly with the evo? Thankfully those with updated hardware (if bought in November) have a better shot... and a new kind of method rooting.

You had to edit your post a couple times before u actually settled it. Don't be stupid becaue I saw you deleted your original post before you make a new one. So obviously you're taking it very seriously. But I will omit one creditable mistake on my part... After re reading my post when I said "Twain with no brains" while you took the other direction, I was actually joking by that I should've said "they...could've done better competitively than the chinese product-wise." But Hey, what am I... a Politician? I'm not being a racist... I definately need to make that clear.

I can give 2 horse manures if you asked me if I cared about how many shot up cell phones you've had in your lifetime... I could've owned more and I'm not counting PREPAID cell phones. During my trial with the Epic I've tested the fascinate, the captivate and the htc evo. The same experience you had with the epic is the same way I feel about the evo. So +1 for experience I give you that while u don't necessarily deserve it. You're still -2 for editing your essay, and your lousy attempt to make me jealous of your Harvard degree-like writing. You think you're smarter than me don't cha? Last I checked I heard most novelist were homosexually motivated...is so why they "speak" and "type" so well like you do. Which is why you stopped reading my post after that little migraine you had because my grammar is so not perfect for you... Well kudos to you, my man!

So tell me what books have u written? I'll be sure to pick one up for my wife and maybe she'll voice her opinion afterwards.

It felt so good standing on the Redskins turf while I was wearing the Mike Vicks jersey my man Jim Jim gave me and kicked their asses .... I'm about to wear the Samsung on your turf now what?! U mad?

Let's clarify some things here: I definitely did not post, delete, rewrite, and re-post that. I wrote it fairly quickly because I was somewhat perturbed at your obvious trolling in the Evo forum. If I did edit it was because, after I post something, I usually go back and proof read it after it's been posted. If I delete a post, it stays deleted. If I edit a post, it's certainly not to change the idea of what i said because, honestly, I don't start a post if I think I might be wrong.

Next on the list is the homosexual motivation thing:

If you think that homosexuality is a negative thing, then you can go ahead and think that. Not only are you assuring everyone of your ignorance, but what I do in my free time has no bearing on how I'm so astronomically above your intelligence level. I'm not trying to make you jealous, and you are yet to provide any evidence that the Epic is somehow leaps and bounds more efficient or more powerful than the Evo. What you're doing here is attacking me personally instead of supporting your own argument as if I haven't been a very involved and trusted member of this community for years. If you want to read my writing, you can head over to AndroidPolice or RadioAndroid, the two websites that have asked me to write for them. Did I forget to mention that I was asked to write for the news team here on PPCGeeks? I don't have a novel but, if I did, it would probably be a crime or medical story because I'm good with facts. Due to that aspect of my personality, I feel like it would be lost on you. Who do you write for, again?

There is no false hope here. I'm not biased toward the Evo. If HTC makes a phone that sucks, I'll be the first one to admit it but, thus far (aside from the hardware of the touch pro) they are yet to make a phone that would ever lead me to switch over to a Samsung as my primary device. That said, if the the Nexus S is the phone that sets the standard for amazing devices, I'll get one. Samsung has, however, in the past and present, made phones that I have personally found to perform at a lower level than my HTC devices. Sure, the dedicated GPU of the Galaxy S line is nice, but I don't do many graphically intense things. The fact that you probably use your phone to play games constantly would be the reason that you found the Evo lacking. Unfortunately for you, I use my phones for things other than time wasting, so I can comment on its usability from a practical standpoint.

The fact of the matter is that SetCPU is very useful on the Evo and everything I said before holds true.

I'm not mad that you're in the Evo forum. I'm bothered that you're ignorant. You can call me gay all day, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that would be a detriment to my credibility. I have no doubt that you're straight as an arrow, my friend (I'm saying that ironically. You are obviously the type of person that can't carry on a conversation of any substance long enough to make friends) but you didn't have to drop out of eighth grade to be that way.

You're an amateur.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:10 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:

Quote:
Let's clarify some things here: I definitely did not post, delete, rewrite, and re-post that. I wrote it fairly quickly because I was somewhat perturbed at your obvious trolling in the Evo forum. If I did edit it was because, after I post something, I usually go back and proof read it after it's been posted. If I delete a post, it stays deleted. If I edit a post, it's certainly not to change the idea of what i said because, honestly, I don't start a post if I think I might be wrong.

Next on the list is the homosexual motivation thing:

If you think that homosexuality is a negative thing, then you can go ahead and think that. Not only are you assuring everyone of your ignorance, but what I do in my free time has no bearing on how I'm so astronomically above your intelligence level. I'm not trying to make you jealous, and you are yet to provide any evidence that the Epic is somehow leaps and bounds more efficient or more powerful than the Evo. What you're doing here is attacking me personally instead of supporting your own argument as if I haven't been a very involved and trusted member of this community for years. If you want to read my writing, you can head over to AndroidPolice or RadioAndroid, the two websites that have asked me to write for them. Did I forget to mention that I was asked to write for the news team here on PPCGeeks? I don't have a novel but, if I did, it would probably be a crime or medical story because I'm good with facts. Due to that aspect of my personality, I feel like it would be lost on you. Who do you write for, again?

There is no false hope here. I'm not biased toward the Evo. If HTC makes a phone that sucks, I'll be the first one to admit it but, thus far (aside from the hardware of the touch pro) they are yet to make a phone that would ever lead me to switch over to a Samsung as my primary device. That said, if the the Nexus S is the phone that sets the standard for amazing devices, I'll get one. Samsung has, however, in the past and present, made phones that I have personally found to perform at a lower level than my HTC devices. Sure, the dedicated GPU of the Galaxy S line is nice, but I don't do many graphically intense things. The fact that you probably use your phone to play games constantly would be the reason that you found the Evo lacking. Unfortunately for you, I use my phones for things other than time wasting, so I can comment on its usability from a practical standpoint.

The fact of the matter is that SetCPU is very useful on the Evo and everything I said before holds true.

I'm not mad that you're in the Evo forum. I'm bothered that you're ignorant. You can call me gay all day, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that would be a detriment to my credibility. I have no doubt that you're straight as an arrow, my friend (I'm saying that ironically. You are obviously the type of person that can't carry on a conversation of any substance long enough to make friends) but you didn't have to drop out of eighth grade to be that way.

You're an amateur.
I had a whole thing typed out about him being racist, having bad credit because of switching to verizon and back, and him having major grammatical errors, but you seem to have gotten it done again Bradart. Thanks bro.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:

Dude, you really need to get back on your meds. Honestly.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games