PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: does juicedefender really help save battery?
yes 10 71.43%
no 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Juice Defender

Does JuiceDefender really work? I have stock 2.2... Just wondering....

And does the phone still operate correctly with things such as navigation, receiving texts, etc.

Last edited by pask2155; 09-15-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Juice Defender

Save the battery, yes. Make the phone annoying to use, yes.

Maybe I didn't explore enough in the options, but running Pandora or Slacker, once song ends, you need to turn the screen on, so JuiceDefender will allow data through. Or wait 1 minute. Also, my phone was laggy as shit when I used it.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Stock 2.2

Wizhk is just getting started

You can pass a specific programs data through Juice Defender.. Its in the options..

I also recommend Root for Battery savings and zippier phone.. Even leaving everything stock but rooted, the phone works better.

Wizhk
Old 09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizhk View Post
You can pass a specific programs data through Juice Defender.. Its in the options..

I also recommend Root for Battery savings and zippier phone.. Even leaving everything stock but rooted, the phone works better.

Wizhk
Could you please explain? I used to flash roms all the time on my htc diamond, is this what you are talking about? Because I have no desire to get rid of the stock fetures of the phone and start flashing again, it was a headache... But how do you root and keep stock? Don't understand... Sorry have been out of the game for a little while..lol
Old 09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
Could you please explain? I used to flash roms all the time on my htc diamond, is this what you are talking about? Because I have no desire to get rid of the stock fetures of the phone and start flashing again, it was a headache... But how do you root and keep stock? Don't understand... Sorry have been out of the game for a little while..lol
there are stock rooted roms..meaning its a stock rom nothing added or taking away but the rom is rooted meaning setup to run on a rooted evo

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

first off...pair juicedefender and juice plotter...you'll actually SEE how much further your battery is stretched.

for the laggy response time...that won't happen IF you don't tell juice defender to prefer WiFi. the lag comes with the wifi turning on when you turn your screen on.

AS for root access...if gives you greater freedom on what you can make your phone do...apps like shootme, setcpu...can be ran...and improve functionality.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Android Apps and Games
Old 09-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
there are stock rooted roms..meaning its a stock rom nothing added or taking away but the rom is rooted meaning setup to run on a rooted evo
so what's the point if it is the exact same as the stock? Just not understanding something has to change...????
Old 09-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
so what's the point if it is the exact same as the stock? Just not understanding something has to change...????
I'm sure this has been answered some where...and I'm too lazy to search for it...so here's the gist of what achieving root means (i hope i'm not mistaken here...)

achieving root basically gives you system access. prior to root, you can only adjust what the O/S allows you to adjust. You can't uninstall system apps ie some of the bloatware that came from Sprint. Once you have root...you are then able to get "deeper" into the o/s and do as you please. Overclocking, deleting system apps...etc.

So a rooted stock ROM basically is a stock ROM...but you can get in deeper to modify the way the phone works/functions. If you pay attention to some of the apps in the market...some will say that you HAVE TO HAVE ROOT to run that app. Titanium Back Up is one of those...and so is ShootMe (screenshot grabber.)

Hope this helps explain things a bit...in not so technical terms.

found a helpful article on an Android-centric site.

here's a link to another article from Android Police that discusses custom ROMs

Last edited by amw1972; 09-16-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: added links
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

For what its worth, I found Juice Plotter drained my battery. I found the program useless to me. I could care less about looking at a graph of my battery being fully charged, then draining throughout the day. That is what the battery is supposed to do, and I felt that I did not need a program installed to show me that.

I do however love JuiceDefender itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
first off...pair juicedefender and juice plotter...you'll actually SEE how much further your battery is stretched.

for the laggy response time...that won't happen IF you don't tell juice defender to prefer WiFi. the lag comes with the wifi turning on when you turn your screen on.

AS for root access...if gives you greater freedom on what you can make your phone do...apps like shootme, setcpu...can be ran...and improve functionality.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games