PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screw fring!!!

Its all iphone users fault they nock the server down too much network drops

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

App is completely useless for me now and have uninstalled it.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:04 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

What the hell did they think was going to happen when you have 2 million iphone 4's out there... none of which were able to make calls over 3g? They make no updates to their server and figured they could just handle 2 million more video callers using their service? Idiots
Old 07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 Touch pro now EVO 4G

tiburon2006 is becoming a great contributor

This is bullsh*t IPhone users wreck everything used it to talk to family up north with my EVO and skype now they tell me I can talk to IPhone users I don't talk to them most of the ones I know are idiots on how wonderful there phones are because they pay more for there service Than I do found this
Since adding 2-way video calling on iPhone 4 yesterday we have seen another huge jump in fring video calling.
As even more fringsters video call their friends on Android, Nokia and iPhones, we have seen some network ’stress’ (as the techies are telling me). So to free up capacity for more the fring-to-fring video calling, we are temporarily reducing support to 3rd –party Skype. Thanks for your patience.
fringsters, enjoy your video calling, and SEE you late

Last edited by tiburon2006; 07-11-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

At least I can still fring to fring - Wish it had Yahoo/MSN video chat support.. hopefully Trillian will..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you read into the Skype reply, you can see that the just realized how BIG video chat is going to be. True they need to protect their brand, but Fring never claimed it was a Skype server capacity or anything issue. but an issue on their own servers being able to handle it all.

Then if you read into it further you see that perhaps now Fring's video chat capabilities might be in direct competition now with Skype's.

Hopefully this will stir up more competition and Fring will not be our only choice.

Trillian for Android is in the works. Perhaps this will wake up MSN, Yahoo, AOL and Google video chat compatible apps.

Who ever gets the foot hold on this may have their next BIG bucks break in the market!

-CC

Opinion Sourced http://gizmodo.com/5584978/skype-on-...-who-killed-it
Old 07-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

you guys realize that Skype actively blocks fring's access to their voice calling, right? it wasn't fring's choice.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: The Now Network..Sprint

aceNOLO is a n00b

Skype made a deal with Verizon. I cant believe none of you heard about it. If you have Verizon, you still have access to skype.(not sure if u have to pay or if its still free) Its quite unfortunate for all of us EVO owners. I'm hopeful another program similar or better is released soon.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

There's an updated fring in the market that fixed the sound/echo issue for me. It's actually pretty useable now...I had no choice but to resort back to it since everyone I video chat mobile to mobile with uses fring.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Got it n/m..

Last edited by JDM_SOHC; 07-31-2010 at 09:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games

Tags
aim, fring, skype, video chat