iamsuperbleeder
Lurker

iamsuperbleeder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry HTC Mogul - Horrible battery life and lock-ups after hard reset

hey fella's

been browsing the forums for some time now; this is my first thread created

I purchased a Mogul about 6 or 7 months ago; had to ditch my Palm Centro... it kept locking up on me...

All was great for a while; I loved the phone; I loved having WM6.

Well suddenly the phone started to run EXTREMELY slow on a daily basis... I though maybe I just had too much crap on it, so I backed up my contacts, and hard-reset the phone.

I restored my contacts, and then put a few apps back on that I use frequently; Garmin XT, Google Navigator, SMMS, Core Media Player, YouTube player, and iContacts (which I prefer over the WM contacts viewer...)

Here's my 2 main issues I'm having...

1) Ever since the hard reset, the battery life is absolutley HORRIBLE... I use to be able to go a whole day and then some on a full charge; now I find myself needing to plug in half way through the day!

Even though it's a VERY good possibility it's one or more of the apps, that would be strange, because this is the same set of apps I was running before the reset and getting a full day and more out of the charge...

I don't use the phone any more frequent than I use to or anything, so it's not like the screen's staying lit up longer and draining the battery...

2)At least twice a week, the phone will randomly freeze up while plugged in and charging... It can be as it sets on the night stand overnight charging, or it can be as I set the phone down after sending a text... it'll just lock up... you're not able to turn the display back on... if I unplug it, the charge indicator light stays on, and I still cannot do anything... I have to pull the battery to get it to shut off to start it back up...

The only logical explanation I can think of is just that some app on it is causing all the problems; it's just strange that it didn't do it the first time around before the hard reset I checked task manager, but it shows nothing (which I know probably doesn't mean much; I'm learning my way around WM fairly well, and if it's anthing like regular Windows as far as the task manager shows, the fact that it doesn't show anything on the list doesn't mean something's not running, lol)

So I was just curious is maybe it's a common issue with the Mogul? Does anyone thing one of the apps is the culprit? Maybe a combination of 2 or more of those apps?

Thanks!