View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Gabeomatic
Lurker

Gabeomatic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint touch pro -Macbook pro Tethering (Bluetooth PAN)

Hey, searched around the site but couldn't find any relevent info. I have the juciy 7 rom on my cdma touch pro on a SERO plan, and set up bluetooth pan tethering with my macbook pro. Speeds aren't bad, around 900k dl 500k upload (configured using DHCP). I was wondering if there were any beneficial settings to mess around with either on the touch pro or the mac in order to maximize my speed?

Also, i only have the option to switch between bluetooth pan and usb on the internet sharing screen, and my network connection is auto set to DATA while i can choose sprint pcs vision on my macbook. Is everything set up right?

I first paired the bluetooth devices together, then chose connect to network through my touch pro in the bluetooth options of my computer. Ive also heard of the registry hacks but i think that was already done with juicys rom right?? And is there some other Wm file used to tether, what is that? I just want to know the Most efficient way to tether my Tpro to the macbook.

Other than that, i can help people set up basic tethering between macs and the sprint tpro, but I want to know the best config settings even for a regular bluetooth connection. Thanks in advance.

ALSO: can i tether through wifi (using wmwifirouter) or usb on the macbook pro? I want to see if i could reach faster speeds.

Last edited by Gabeomatic; 06-24-2009 at 10:21 PM.