View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 12:35 PM
orbeyonde
Lurker

orbeyonde is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro stuck in roaming mode

I have had a Sprint Touch Pro for quite a few months now and everything was great. It has a stock ROM and I have installed a bunch of programs but nothing in the last few weeks.

I recently started a job in an office where the phone could not lock onto a signal. It would be constantly going into and out of raoming mode. Whenever I left my office it would return to normal EVDO mode.

Yesterday, I noticed that the phone would not leave roaming mode even in areas that I knew had good signals like my home.

I tried doing a soft reset, it still stayed in roam mode.

I tried disabling roam mode and it simply couldnt find any signal at all. When I put it back on "automatic" it went right back to roaming.

Is it possible that the "Sprint antenna" was damaged due to the constant going into and out of roaming?

I tried to do a search on google and ppcgeeks and could not find any solutions. I hope someone here can help me out with this dilemma.

The only thing I have not done yet is a hard reset, which I hate to do because I have the phone just the way I want it and dont want to go through the headache of putting everything back on it again.

Thanks in advance for any advice.