ldostang
PPCGeeks Regular

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's upgrade eligibility and customer-retention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief85 View Post
We recently had to switch over from our old legacy plan with 7 lines on it because one of the lines wanted to get a Pre. So of course, we had to get TWO plans because you can only put 5 lines on a plan. Needless to say, this was not a happy discovery. We did it anyway, and yesterday I called and got transferred to customer retention because I said the magic words ("verizon or at&t") to express my displeasure. I indicated that I would be placated if I received upgrade eligibility on my line, which wouldn't be eligible for the full thing for another 1.5 years. I was told by a couple reps that this was literally impossible to do. I persisted and yelled a bit, but they wouldn't budge. Eventually I had to leave the office so I hung up on them.

Is it worth pushing this further? Or is it literally impossible as they said to reset the upgrade eligibility on my line simply because I'm an unhappy customer (who's been with Sprint for > 10 years)?
they didnt budge with me either. i spoke to different csr's and nothing. they basically told me the same thing. i decided not push further cause i have 4 phones and one of the lines is upgrade eligible but not the line i want to upgrade. but i decided to just use the line with the upgrade eligible and then swap the phones. that is until i get the pre (still havent been able to get one)

but im thinking since its new and popular at the moment, they dont want to budge. basically they know people will buy it anyway or wait for it. did you mention you wanted to get the pre? i wonder if just mentioning you want to buy a new phone (not mention the pre at all), they wont be as harsh.

edit: i forgot to mention, im only 3 months away from upgrade eligibility for 22 months and they still wouldnt budge.

Last edited by ldostang; 06-24-2009 at 10:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.