Old 06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
JaedenRuiner
N00b
Threadstarter

JaedenRuiner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backing up certain data info before Hard Reset

Well, well, there is quite a bit out there...however, the one thing that seems consistent is the whether or not it's backed up to a web server or if it is backed up to the storage card, oh and whether or not I'm going to have to buy the software....

Not that I'm a cheap bastard or nothin', but i'm a programmer, and since I know the workings of the registry, file systems, and overall development for practically anything, I'm more or less trying to learn a few things about mobile development. One of which is the locations of these things.

I've scanned through ROM on this device, and I haven't found anything as prosaic as the XP :
Documents And Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Personal Folders.pst

It's a question of where these things are located in the device. I may still end up using a mainstream applicaiton or service, but i'm looking now to find out where SMS history is stored, because truthfully, if all I need to do is preserve 3 or 4 directory structures in a ZIP file for later, I can do that while i'm watchin' a movie. *chuckle*

Thanks for the pointers though, I plan to install the windows mobile SDK this week, so perhaps that will also have some further information for the inner workings of these devices.

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner