PPCGeeks Regular

WithoutRemorse is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 Wont run on my Device...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshawn View Post
It is the shipped rom, my mistake

Correct, the little tab under the cover has changed colour. Warranty is no longer good.

And like I said the shipped rom works fine, it's just any 6.5 roms that wont work... It's very strange. I may have to end up cooking my own 6.1 roms in the future...
Hrm... the fact that you can get anything working at all would seem to me that water is not the problem... I have actually washed a phone before and had it still work properly after... the key is not to turn it on until its completely dry.

ok..... try this, if you need to get 6.5 working... cus I've often had problems with 6.5

1. Flash to the last rom that worked... 6.1 or otherwise. Let it boot entirely.
2. Clear the internal storage (back it up first if you want)
3. Then do a hard reset - buttons method.
4. When the rom gets to the "Align Screen" page. Plug it in and flash to the rom of your choice.

I'm not entirely sure what the rationale here is but it seems to work. Also I've come to the conclusion/opinion that 6.5 somehow used the internal storage. if the internal storage gets corrupt or there aren't the right files there things get wonky. I also think the idea of flashing at the Align Screen page prevents all the crap from getting installed.

I was initially under the same impression that 6.5 wouldnt work on my device. Ive repeatedly used this method and it works fine now.

good luck.

Cheers,