View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Drybonz
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sound Stopped Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I had my Pre wired to my desktop speakers watching a DVD. When I unplugged the speakers I had no sound using any of the audio or video apps.

Many users have found that placing a tiny drop of an electronics-type lubricant (WD-40, contact cleaner, etc.) on the plug and inserting and removing several times can bring success.

Note: This is not an official sanctioned repair from Palm Inc. - I'm a volunteer here, and have seen this work in many situations.
Hrm... there is too much do-it yourself repair involved with this phone.

I have a piece of electrical tape holding my battery in place. There's a fix for the wobbly screen involving hot glue... WD-40 on the audio jack...

I am starting to lean toward taking this phone back due to the general hardware problems. If all this stuff is happening in the first 2 weeks, who knows what we will be dealing with next year.