twistedfish
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
Re: 2 phone numbers 1 phone

It is different because I am not looking to "cheat" anyone out of anything. I pay for two seperate phone bills (one for personal and one for business) I am simply trying to find out if I can carry them on the same phone. The other thread he was trying to beat the system and use the same phone number on two devices...phone companies make money on services.

Back in the early 90's I had phone that I did just this thing leagally...through LA Cellular. At that time they actually advertised it as a service, to the best of my knowledge no phone company has ever offered that you can use the same number on multiple phones and since the begining of cell service that has been considered cloning.

I don't see where this opens me up for flaming...I am asking a legit question about what was a legit service at one time. At that time I could just progam the second number without even calling the carrier without breaking any carrier rules. That was the type of information I was looking for nothing more and nothing else.

Thanks for you help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Number Assignment Module (NAM) - The NAM is the electronic memory in the cellular phone that stores the telephone number and an Electronic Serial Number.

how is this any different than what the other thread was about? i told the other poster all i was comfortable telling him, but why isnt this identical?

kinda opening yourself up for flamming and mod interaction id think...
This post has been thanked 1 times.