View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
ChaosTheory
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wifi when connected to computer

So I figured out the problem When I originally connected I first installed Windows Mobile Device center on my computer, and that allowed me to use the internet. Since then I haven't connected to that computer, and just allowed Vista to automatically install the device. Apparently that does not allow a connection. Once I installed Mobile Center on the computer it worked fine.

I did figure out the setting that I was referring to. Under Settings>Connections>USB to PC under Active Sync there is a check box that says Enable advanced network functionality that I had unchecked. That wasn't the cause of my problem, but that is what I originally thought it might be (not sure what exactly that box does actually).

Bored - By wmwifi are you referring to the WiFi built in? If so I have no icon that says wifi to usb, just a USB to PC icon and a separate WiFi icon. But thanks for your help!