View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
sanmanc
In the state of confusion

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Sound Stopped Working

I had my Pre wired to my desktop speakers watching a DVD. When I unplugged the speakers I had no sound using any of the audio or video apps. Ringtones and Text message notifiations worked fine. I went to Palm's Forum and found this:

Was sound working correctly through your speakers with your Palm device and suddenly disappeared? Does the sound work correctly using wired headphones? This thread may be a solution.

In many Palm devices, there is a tiny microswitch inside the barrel of the headphone jack. Over time, it can become stuck due to a combination of dirt, finger oil, and homeless dust bunnies trying to find a place to stay!

Freeing this switch returns normal operation of the speakers. Sometimes the action of inserting and removing the plug from a set of earphones will free it; other times, it may be a bit more grimy and can fight back.

Many users have found that placing a tiny drop of an electronics-type lubricant (WD-40, contact cleaner, etc.) on the plug and inserting and removing several times can bring success.

Note: This is not an official sanctioned repair from Palm Inc. - I'm a volunteer here, and have seen this work in many situations.

Hope this helped,

WyreNut

I have this issue with my kids' Centros and was hoping not to have it on my Pre.