mcw
PPCGeeks Regular

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Outlook Task on HTC Windows Mobile 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Gilbert View Post
2. Its ok that it puts it straight to task section but I cannot discover where to get audible ( or any other kind ) of notification when a new task is sent/assigned to me. I like that i can truly edit the task via exchange push which is what i was after but not knowing they are coming in is killing me.
Tasks (at least when configured in Outlook or on the Phone) do allow you to set reminders. Maybe have them (those that assign you the tasks) set a reminder on the tasks for 10 minutes after creation (if too early, it may not sound depending on how long it takes to sync, or if it doesn't get added to the notification queue in time). This will use your default Reminder sound, and will popup a notice (similar to a Calendar reminder). This is NOT the due date (there is a separate "reminder" that can be set in Outlook and on the phone when creating a task).

Other than that, I don't believe there is a notification setting for new tasks upon creation (under Sounds and Notifications in Settings) - since the Windows Mobile background is as a PIM, it was designed so that the end user (you) would create Tasks and be aware of them.

You can also try to look for a desktop solution which will copy your tasks to your e-mail, or send you an SMS upon a new task. You should be able to create a macro/script in Outlook that can do this, but you will need to leave Outlook open all the time.

(If you feel this post has helped, please feel free to hit the green Thanks button to the right).