Old 06-21-2009, 04:36 PM
testerman1000
Lurker

testerman1000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question No More SPRINT service, and wifi problem with sprint bloat and Wm 6.5

Hi,
I dont have sprint service anymore and cannot call them to fix problems.

I did however upgrade (Flash) to the new Windows Mobile 6.1 using the one provided by Sprint and HTC from there website;

_HTC Mogul (Sprint)_RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.56.651.0_RS_TITAN_ 3.42.02_SPCS2.04_PPST_0718_Ship

It went well, and now my HTC 6800 (Sprint Mogul) states the following on the "about" page in the phone.

WM 6.1 Pro

CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1) 2007 MS Corp.

Now for my PROBLEMS!

1) Wifi wont work.
Actually more specifically IE mobile doesn't work. It still tries to connect to the sprint network (I had the SERO Plan) using the cellular connection (which I dont have anymore). I tried to change the advanced settings to make all Internet programs to use the wireless connection, BUT THE WIRELESS CONECTION IS NOT LISTED AS A OPTION IN THE ADVANCED SETTINGS or any network settings! The wifi in my phone connects properly to my home network though, and I tried without any wifi mac filtering or wifi encryption, and still IE mobile wont connect.

How do I fix this? Is there an app that will auto set all the correct reg settings and everything?

I want to the use the Mogul as a Internet downloader to download Usenet binaries and if possible megaupload links (a more greener option that having the desktop on). Anyone know of any programs that can do this on windows mobile? I was hoping to use NZBmobile for usenet. Dont know of any rapidshare or megaupload downloader for the the mobile though (Like jdownloader for the desktops).

2) Sprint Bloat software and features. Basically is there a version of windows that is just the OS without the bloat from companies? Will WM 6.5 be too big for the HTC to handle? I saw this on the net

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67673

Will it be too much for the mogul with the tiny memory on this thing?

3) any 3rd party GPS software that dont require a Net connection and can use preloaded maps? I have 8 GB card.

Thanks to all those who keep the site alive!