View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 04:19 PM
jaggy13
N00b

jaggy13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TITAN Harware button failure/test?

I just picked up an extra titan from a friend that had it lying around.
mine is giving me issues and this was much more cost effective than an insurance claim/swap. (Plus waiting until they replace it with a TP)

I have upgraded the radio and ROM on the donor unit, before the upgrade the stock rom would have issues with the power button and the green phone button. When power was depressed from a sleep state the green light would go solid for 1 second then back to blinking. Any amount of button presses would have no effect. The only way to "wake" the device was to soft reset.

After a radio and rom upgrade the power button seems to work correctly however the green phone button still has no response. I can open the phone program via menu and send with soft keys but not with the hardware key.

The phone is currently not activated and it doesn't seem like it would need to be for that hardware button to work, is that the case?

Also is there a test mode I can put the device into to test the buttons? Or software?

I think I can use it as is with limited consequence, at least to get me by for now.

any input would be great. Thanks!