View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Mylt1
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Touch Pro NO GPS Satellites being recieved even after ROM update

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so did it work b4? r u trying with vzws standard GPS thing, or with like google maps?? until you get the "fix", anything other than, is it called vznavigator, then it wont work... vzw has blocked 3rd party use of the gps...

now i dont flash ROMs, dont see the point realy, anywho, my buddy is on vzw, and has the Omnia, he just DL'd a 6.5ROM that "fixed" the blocked gps issue... i know that specfic rom you cant use, but do we have a vzw TP 6.5 rom that will do it???

the ROM developers name is Adrynalyn(sounds as adrenaline) or something very similar.. he might have a ROM for ya...

***edit.... dont take your phone back, your not suppose to get gps signal if your not using the VZW gps program, so if thats not what your using, then theres technically nothing wrong with your phone.... also, it has to be a radio issue and not a rom issue right? try switching a few different radios and see if that works
hate to tell you but your wrong. the new update for the VZN touch pro has "unlocked" the GPS for 3rd party apps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.