View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
OpenWave
N00b
Threadstarter

OpenWave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice Command and dialing by itself issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I think you and this guy should communicate about your adapters and possibly the USB ports on your phones:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=audio+adapter

Is yours really an HTC adapter, or does the "WELL" indicate a 3rd party adapter that is supposed to be compatible with your Touch Pro?

Edit: does the stock HTC adapter (the big one that came with the phone) cause this issue? If not I'd say it has to be the adapter.
Thanks Haus! I will PM sudermatt and see what I can come up with and yes it is a 3rd party adapter. You're right about the original adapter, it doesn't do anything when I try to move it which is a good sign indicating it is in fact the adapter. When I looked at the inside of the adapter it looks as if one of the pins is slightly loose or out of place but I try not to bump it and it doesn't happen often. Just curious as to why when I disable the Voice Command that once the problem occurs the Voice Command is enabled or checkmarked again? Would like to have registry hack to disable all the Voice Command keys if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Sorry i cant help, but i would like one of those adapters, where did you get it?
I bought this one on eBay for $5 and have used it now for over a year with no problems except this particular one. Just enter '3.5mm Headphone Adapter For HTC Touch' on eBay. Buy 3, one for your car with a cassette adapter if you have a player in your car or to a Aux. input, one for your headphones or earphones and one as a spare.
Don't get the adapters with the wire, only the one like in the pic I posted, otherwise the wire will eventually break, mine only lasted a week! The wire is very thin and is frail, don't waste your money because it will not last.

Last edited by OpenWave; 06-20-2009 at 12:27 AM.